Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Bobby, I thought Burley had a wee point with berba nae scoring there but he showed how GREAT a player he is when under alot of pressure, got the pass away one pass later the ball is hitting the net, I thought Berba coming on was a blessing, United started playing when he started with his tricks and flicks.

Bobby, I thought Burley had a wee point with berba nae scoring there but he showed how GREAT a player he is when under alot of pressure, got the pass away one pass later the ball is hitting the net, I thought Berba coming on was a blessing, United started playing when he started with his tricks and flicks.

Too right, I was surprised to see Owen start to be honest. Especially since he didn't train yesterday, but as you said, United started to play, then I think Berba got marked out of the game in the second half. Was a highly entertaining game, end to end. Some frustrating moments such as Valencia's shots or united just lacking that final touch. But an enjoyable game and a fitting finish from Carrick. I hope he carries on playing like that and not how he started this season :thumbsup:

Bobby, I thought Burley had a wee point with berba nae scoring there

No, he didn't.  He just wants a moan so that he sounds like Andy fucking Gray.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with Berbatov's touch, at no point did it look as though he wanted to shoot. He laid the ball off well, but according to Craig "average player with a big mouth" Burley he still deserves to be slated for his play?  It's ok thanks, i'll make my own mind up.

No, he didn't.  He just wants a moan so that he sounds like Andy fucking Gray.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with Berbatov's touch, at no point did it look as though he wanted to shoot. He laid the ball off well, but according to Craig "average player with a big mouth" Burley he still deserves to be slated for his play?  It's ok thanks, i'll make my own mind up.

I was agreeing with "he should be looking to score there" nothing more, nothing less Burley is far from the best.

berba mis-cued I thought, recovered well like.

Guest ally s

Aye, superb goal and Burley still moaned at Berbatov's involvement in it. Fanny.

Good to see Carrick has stopped playing like a big girl on downers.

I reckon that'll be Leonardo getting the tin tack at AC, they've had a horrible start to the season.  There are also a lot of rumours going around in Brazil that Ronaldinho is retiring at the end of this season. Some in Italy are shocked at that... they thought he'd retired some time ago...

I thought Carrick looked a bit suspect in the opening exchanges but certainly came on to a game later on.

Anyone else reckon Ferdinand looked far from solid last night?  I had an argument in the pub with my mate about it. I reckon Ferdinand's best days are behind him, surely it won't be long before SAF starts Evans in central defence with Vidic?

I thought Carrick looked a bit suspect in the opening exchanges but certainly came on to a game later on.

Anyone else reckon Ferdinand looked far from solid last night?  I had an argument in the pub with my mate about it last night. I reckon Ferdinand's best days are behind him, surely it won't be long before SAF starts Evans in central defence with Vidic?

Totally agree about Ferdinand. Look at the 3rd City goal in the derby and how slow he was in chasing Bellamy, by the time Bellamy was in the box Ferdinand was grimacing with pain. I think his back is truly fucked and if his pace is gone then what does that leave you with? He's not a dominating centre half and it's not as if he reads the game exceptionally well and as last night showed he gets out muscled far too much.  Ferguson has Evans and Brown who can step in so they're not short of good centre backs.

Also think Vidic is looking like a player who hasn't had a pre-season, not quite as sharp as he should be, yet.

Agree with both the previous posts. Ferdinand looked suspect again, and when he did that pirouette in the box, my heart stopped, especially since United were pretty much dominant at the time. Hopefully Evans will make the step up permanantely soon.

BB you are also right about Vidic, looked a bit suspect at times, in particular at the start, which he acknowledged, but didn't exactly fill the team with confidence, especially when Ferdinand is playing the way he is.

2-0 but Werder down to 10 men after a shocking tackle by the sub who had only been on for 5 mins...it was his second booking too.

Was just gonna say the same thing, the games been nuts in the second half. Tackles flying in from both sides! Someone else is going to get sent off in this game. Funniest thing about Niemeyer was that he looked shocked he got sent off :o