Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Delighted!

As i've only got ye' olde council telly at home, I turned it on tonight expecting to see the Huns getting pumped out of europe, but naturally STV have chosen to show the Arsenal game instead, excellent! :thumbsup:

Fuck Olympiakos.

Also, Barca 1-0 down to Dynamo Kiev after 2 mins.

2134: FULL-TIME Liverpool 1-2 Fiorentina

Fiorentina goal: Young Liverpool defender Stephen Darby is caught in possession by Juan Vargas who crosses for Alberto Gilardino to seal victory for the Italians - and top spot in Group E. That is Liverpool's worst points tally in Champions League group stage history.

lol

2134: FULL-TIME Liverpool 1-2 Fiorentina

Fiorentina goal: Young Liverpool defender Stephen Darby is caught in possession by Juan Vargas who crosses for Alberto Gilardino to seal victory for the Italians - and top spot in Group E. That is Liverpool's worst points tally in Champions League group stage history.

lol

lol indeed

and back in scotland

Im finding this to be very entertaining

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8404360.stm

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain has hit back in the increasingly hostile row over prices for their rearranged fixture at Tannadice.

Dundee United are charging half-price on 15 December after the abandonment of the clubs' meeting on 1 November.

Rangers had hoped ticket stubs for the original match would guarantee free entry for fans.

United chairman Stephen Thompson claims Bain's attitude has been "disgraceful" provoking an angry response from Ibrox.

"After being accused that I used the AGM as a platform to criticise Dundee United and cover up the club's issues, the reality is that the volume of complaints and the tremendous ill-feeling that was being vented towards Dundee United's decision was a matter that simply could not be ignored," said Bain in a statement.

"It is very disappointing as our position could not have been made clearer at every stage since the game was called off.

"There is obviously written correspondence between the clubs that confirms this.

"I deeply resent the suggestion that I misled shareholders at our AGM. That is wrong and offensive and I will be taking the matter further.

"I still maintain that football fans have been considered last by this decision."

The visitors were leading the Premier League match 1-0 at half-time when referee Mike Tumelty called a halt to proceedings due to a waterlogged pitch.

Thompson insisted fans were never told their original ticket stubs would be valid for the replay and reduced pricing for the rescheduled match was a fair reflection of the operational costs incurred by the Tayside club.

Rangers quickly released a statement expressing their disappointment at the decision and followers of the Glasgow side have been slow to purchase tickets for the rearranged date.

At Rangers annual meeting on Monday, Bain was quizzed by shareholders about the on-going squabble.

"We did take up the fight because I was disgusted and angry at the attitude of Dundee United," was his reported response.

"The game was called off at half-time and I was standing beside the chief executive of the Scottish Premier League (Neil Doncaster) and the chairman of Dundee United (Thompson) and I said to them at that time, 'I hope that you will see sense and make sure that our supporters retain their ticket stubs and get back in for nothing'."

Thompson denies that Bain ever said this in his company, which appears to have outraged the Ibrox man.

"It is interesting that Martin Bain was disgusted and annoyed with Dundee United over tickets but never used such strong language after Manchester or Bucharest about his own fans," added the United chairman in reference to crowd disturbances involving followers of Rangers.

Im wondering how he is going to take this further? Encourage his hooded hordes to trash dundee perhaps?

and back in scotland

Im finding this to be very entertaining

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8404360.stm

Im wondering how he is going to take this further? Encourage his hooded hordes to trash dundee perhaps?

I also read that and this bit made me chuckle

"It is interesting that Martin Bain was disgusted and annoyed withDundee United over tickets but never used such strong language afterManchester or Bucharest about his own fans," added the United chairmanin reference to crowd disturbances involving followers of Rangers.