Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Watched the Carling Cup final, decent first half, but the second was a bit drab. Valencia and Rooney linked up really well, but I think vidic was quite fortunate to escape at least a booking for his tackle on Agbonglahor in the 1st half.

I also managed to catch a bit of the Spurs Everton game today, Spurs second goal is a peach. Great play just between Corluka, Modric and Kranjcar. Fantastic football.

Watched the Carling Cup final, decent first half, but the second was a bit drab. Valencia and Rooney linked up really well, but I think vidic was quite fortunate to escape at least a booking for his tackle on Agbonglahor in the 1st half.

I also managed to catch a bit of the Spurs Everton game today, Spurs second goal is a peach. Great play just between Corluka, Modric and Kranjcar. Fantastic football.

Thought the OF game was ok, bit better than recent efforts anyway.

Vida should have got a yellow I think as the ball was rolling through to the keeper and also because it seems that Martin O'Neill is cracking up over it which is nice.  J Park played really well today, but why, and it happened with Rooney's effort too, does Andy Gray feel the need to tell us that Park then Rooney have hit the post? I've got eyes you hun spastic. I can spot when the ball deviates for fucks sake.

Thought the OF game was ok, bit better than recent efforts anyway.

Vida should have got a yellow I think as the ball was rolling through to the keeper and also because it seems that Martin O'Neill is cracking up over it which is nice.  J Park played really well today, but why, and it happened with Rooney's effort too, does Andy Gray feel the need to tell us that Park then Rooney have hit the post? I've got eyes you hun spastic. I can spot when the ball deviates for fucks sake.

I watched it on BBC instead, great because i didn't realise it was on terrestrial TV! As you say, Park played really well, and it was a good team performance from United today and they deserved their win. Owen looked gutted at the end. I thought it was one of his better games in a United shirt as well!

Considering how few goals Rooney scored with his head prior to this season, it makes you wonder how much he's practiced it recently. I wish our players showed that sort of dedication and drive to try and improve their game.

I watched it on BBC instead, great because i didn't realise it was on terrestrial TV! As you say, Park played really well, and it was a good team performance from United today and they deserved their win. Owen looked gutted at the end. I thought it was one of his better games in a United shirt as well!

Considering how few goals Rooney scored with his head prior to this season, it makes you wonder how much he's practiced it recently. I wish our players showed that sort of dedication and drive to try and improve their game.

Agree with you re Owen, he was excellent up til his injury. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. Vidic settled well after leathering Agbonlahor which was nice.  Rooney's finish was excellent, but Valencia again was tremendous. Feel a bit sorry for the guy, heard someone a couple of weeks ago say "that's him now set up more goals this season than Ronaldo did in all of last season", someone instantly replied with "He's only 22 goals behind though..."  That's a bit shit, ye know?  The guy's doing very well, linking well with Rooney, be happy with that...

Don't however, be happy with Tony Adams on the Spanish Football.  What a cunt.

Guest ally s

Very poor refereeing at the Manure game yesterday.  Vidic should have been sent off, no question.  Rooney was very good when he came on and as has been said above Owen looked the business before he got injured.

I thought O'Neill might have thrown Carew on at some stage, Heskey was doing next to fuck all imo.

Very poor refereeing at the Manure game yesterday.  Vidic should have been sent off, no question.  Rooney was very good when he came on and as has been said above Owen looked the business before he got injured.

I thought O'Neill might have thrown Carew on at some stage, Heskey was doing next to fuck all imo.

He did, Carew on for Cueller for last 10 minutes or so.

Guest ally s

He did, Carew on for Cueller for last 10 minutes or so.

Bugger it, I'd lost interest by then. Should have been on sooner.  :P

Scotland u21s 2-2 Azerbaijan u21s

Played for more than an hour against 10men

Maguire looked good, scored the pen and set up Griffiths for the 2nd equaliser.

Thought Maguire was excellent last night however the lad who played number 7 for Azerbaijan was best player on the oitch by miles. Scored an absolute screamer for their 2nd.

I was drinking a lot during the last few years David Preece was playing for us so admittedly my bafflement at people claiming he was a good keeper for us is based only on his first few seasons at Pittodrie. But fuck me, when he came on to replace the red carded steele today against newcastle he brought the memories of regular 7-0 defeats flooding back.

If I remember I'll put the highlights up here tomorrow.

I was drinking a lot during the last few years David Preece was playing for us so admittedly my bafflement at people claiming he was a good keeper for us is based only on his first few seasons at Pittodrie. But fuck me, when he came on to replace the red carded steele today against newcastle he brought the memories of regular 7-0 defeats flooding back.

If I remember I'll put the highlights up here tomorrow.

He wasn't a good keeper.  He was mainly gash. Never came off his line and as a consequence couldn't control his area. He was pish.  Alright shotstopper, but what pro keeper isn't?

Stupid haircut, too.

Guest rocket debris

watching Fiorentina v Bayern, currently 3-2 to Fiorentina. Brilliant game but they need one more to go through as Bayern lead on away goals.  Robben scored an absolute cracker.

Me too. The timing of the crucial Bayern goals, coupled with the ref giving them the first leg, suggests bye bye Fiorentina.

Guest rocket debris

But what game to watch tonight? There's the rub. Real are on a revival and Lyon are unbeaten in the league this year, having had a terrible start to the season. This could be much closer than the bookies seem to think. 3/10 for the home win is untouchable in my book. Then we have Old Trafford, which when the draw came out, with Inter Chelsea, were the ones I wanted to watch above all others. The return of Beckham is a sideshow and will prove to be an irrelevance, I reckon, but this year is the first I can remember where the decision which game to watch is a tough one. Will probably go for Real v. Lyon as I think Man U should do it comfortably.

But what game to watch tonight? There's the rub. Real are on a revival and Lyon are unbeaten in the league this year, having had a terrible start to the season. This could be much closer than the bookies seem to think. 3/10 for the home win is untouchable in my book. Then we have Old Trafford, which when the draw came out, with Inter Chelsea, were the ones I wanted to watch above all others. The return of Beckham is a sideshow and will prove to be an irrelevance, I reckon, but this year is the first I can remember where the decision which game to watch is a tough one. Will probably go for Real v. Lyon as I think Man U should do it comfortably.

My thoughts exactly.

In a way, this game is somewhat of an acid test for the Real Madrid juggernaut.