Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Saw the robben goal this morning. Absolute peach! Watching the game tonight bb? Looks like i'm going to miss it, but hopefully should be another decent game.

Yeah, manc, just seen the line up... no Berbatov again. Think that's only 6 starts in the CL out of 20 matches or so since he joined. And one of them was v Celtic so that doesn't really count... ;)

I think that Real have got a big psychological barrier to overcome tonight.  It'll be at the back of their minds that they've gone out at this stage of the competition in each of the last five years. Shouldn't come into of course, but it's strange how these things play out.

Guest rocket debris

My thoughts exactly.

In a way, this game is somewhat of an acid test for the Real Madrid juggernaut.

Which they are sort of passing at the moment. Keeper poor at the goal. Unreal miss by Higuain. Should've equalised. Poised nicely.

Guest rocket debris

What do ManU fans sing to the tune of "Whose that lying at Pittodrie"?

... looks like Jan Are haargawhatever to me cos Keano's fucked his knee...

They got it from AFC.

Guest rocket debris

Lets All Laugh At Real!!

They'll be praying Barca don't make it to the final now to really rub it into the wound.

The arrogance of them on Saturday night when they fluked a 3-2 and then saying how much they wanted Barca in the final. Pricks.

I think that Real have got a big psychological barrier to overcome tonight.  It'll be at the back of their minds that they've gone out at this stage of the competition in each of the last five years. Shouldn't come into of course, but it's strange how these things play out.

As I said earlier, never, ever felt comfortable that Real would progress.  Mental problem now, fucking ridiculous.

What do ManU fans sing to the tune of "Whose that lying at Pittodrie"?

At the moment it's "Who's that TWAT from Argentina? Who's that money grabbing whore? Carlos Tevez is his name and he hasn't got a brain and he won't be winning trophies anymore"

That was a fair pumping Milan took.  They are woeful and Leonardo fucked up badly with his tactics and team selection.  Seedorf should have been on from the start. Why go into a game you have to win with Pirlo, Ambrossini and Flamini?  The most leg-less one dimensional midfield there has ever been? I'd say so.  And yet they had one of the best attacking and inventive midfielders of the last 20 years on their bench.  Huge mistake by Leonardo.  Recent history shows United have struggled to handle Seedorf, by the time he came on it mattered not a fuck who he was.

In saying that, Rooney was excellent and Park was exactly as Ferguson said, "Sacrifice, intelligence and energy", he was brilliant again.

Juve v Fulham has been a cracker sofar, it's 3-1 Juve at halftime.

Didn't manage to watch that game, but I'm heading to the home leg this week. The Cottage is a sellout, hopefully be a decent game and atmosphere. I hear the Juve fans are as good as Burnley's ;)

I see Hibs are drawing with County. Lets hope Hibs manage to fuck it up :)

Full time. Hibs will not win the replay at Victoria Park :)

While trying to get into my office I had to sidestep a far few huns fans coming out of Partick station at around 1320 having obviously left when it was 3-1 and 'game over'. Makes me feel warm inside to think of the looks on their faces as they watched the rest of the game from places such as stumps, hayburn vaults or the Rosevale.

Side note. United only about 1000 fans there. Is it the case that they were only given that amount or were they offered the full 5000 they are entitled to but couldnt sell them?

Guest rocket debris

My mate said he thought Chelsea deserved to go through. From where I was sitting I thought Inter were by far the better team, and had much better chances.

Your mate hasn't got a clue about fitba.

My mate said he thought Chelsea deserved to go through. From where I was sitting I thought Inter were by far the better team, and had much better chances.

Yeah - inclined to agree - Chelsea had a good spell in the run up to HT, but in the second half, inter were very good.  Some of their passing was immense. Also liked the way that inter went out with the express intention of winding up that cheat Drogba.

Guest rocket debris

He's American  ;D

Just because his countrymen paid a $250,000,000 5 year deal for Beckham who then failed to deliver a modicum of success to LAX, a player who's only had one trophy (I think, and Fabio only played him sparingly but to good effect the latter quarter of the season) since SAF got rid from Man U just beyond the peak of his prime, doesn't mean all Americans are stupid. You're not a very good mate to have.