Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Ignoring the fact it's been the most entertaining weekend in the EPL in the last few years.

Yeah, what a great time to have a go about the Scottish league being better  ::)

Well obviously it was an amazing w/end in the EPL but I'm not sure where I said anything about the Scottish League (it was cup anyway) being better than anything, it quite clearly isn't.  But as a Scottish football fan I'm interested in the the game here and am glad of some decent coverage. 

As if the blanket media coverage of the English game wasn't bad enough then the total lack of decent terrestrial coverage of the Scottish game means it is no surprise more and more kids support English teams while having a Scottish team who they have a soft spot for (the opposite way round from the likes of Tyrant, Stoney et al on here).  When older Scottish fans are eschewing their own game for the tarted up EPL then is it any wonder the games in a fucking mess?

5th Round of the cup and the combined crowds of all the games minus the OF game will barely be half the crowd at Ibrox today, if that.

That's tragic. 

Some neat peices of skill from Diouf in the first half. I kind of secretly wanted Diouf to score today. Yes yes it's a horrible thing to think and I do feel dirty for it but I work with loads of Tims and they have been unbearable this week.

Well obviously it was an amazing w/end in the EPL but I'm not sure where I said anything about the Scottish League (it was cup anyway) being better than anything, it quite clearly isn't.  But as a Scottish football fan I'm interested in the the game here and am glad of some decent coverage. 

As if the blanket media coverage of the English game wasn't bad enough then the total lack of decent terrestrial coverage of the Scottish game means it is no surprise more and more kids support English teams while having a Scottish team who they have a soft spot for (the opposite way round from the likes of Tyrant, Stoney et al on here).  When older Scottish fans are eschewing their own game for the tarted up EPL then is it any wonder the games in a fucking mess?

5th Round of the cup and the combined crowds of all the games minus the OF game will barely be half the crowd at Ibrox today, if that.

That's tragic.

People talking about the EPL on an internet forum isn't the problem GS.  Folk in Scotland have always held an interest in the game down south (generally speaking of course), it's not a new thing.

London huns vs bitter reds game seems pretty rubbish from what I've seen. Liverpool should be ahead though.

...and they won 1-0 through Miereles, good finish but Cech made a cunt of it.  Going by the stats, it looked as though it had been pretty horrendous

Heard a rumour that Cech is signing for Arsenal in the summer and it's down to the same fall out that saw Ray Wilkins sacked.

Another Xenophobe taking exception to Scottish folk following English football.  ::)

This is why I watch English football:

Scottish football = shite.

English football = good.

I agree that it's sad that there are so many people born and bred up here that support English teams whilst ignoring Scottish teams. The same way that it's sad that born and bred Aberdonians support the Huns or Tims. The Dons will always be no.1 to me but I'm sick of getting looked down on for following an English team. You could watch it without "supporting" a team but let's face it. It's less interesting that way.

There's a lot of huns down near Stranraer so there's the potential of them being closet huns!!

Anyway as stated before, it's more exciting if you follow a team in a certain league and since we have so much English football on TV it makes sense to follow a team just like if you followed a Spanish team or a team in the NFL or NBA.

2-1 United in the Manc derby, and what a winner from Rooney, Goal of the Season I'd say.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/golazo!-wayne-rooney-manchester-city-8477708/

(have to paste that whole line into your browser to see it)

Mark Hughes would have been proud of that finish, and it was that good Fergie could hardly even believe it.

Not a bad day for us (presuming we can pick up points in our up coming games) with pretty much everyone around us apart from hibs dropping points. Also after an extended rest for us we face a motherwell side mauled at ibrox

Just seen the huns score, what a mauling for 'Well. McCall was saying before the game he was hopeful of a point... no wonder they were hammered with a manager's attitude like that.

Craig Gordon has just had another howler for Sunderland. Piss poor goalkeeping.

2-1 United in the Manc derby, and what a winner from Rooney, Goal of the Season I'd say.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/golazo!-wayne-rooney-manchester-city-8477708/

(have to paste that whole line into your browser to see it)

Mark Hughes would have been proud of that finish, and it was that good Fergie could hardly even believe it.

Just been able to watch that, that was a fantastic finish!