Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Other than Alex Song and the full back Arsenal don't really have a player to go wading in nailing folk. As small as it may seem I think the early yellow card for Song changed game a bit as Arsenal's main ball winner couldn't go in as strongly as he probably would of liked.

As it was a very good result for Arsenal and it's about time someone beat those mouthy little fuckers. The way Barca play is sublime, could be the best team ever. The way they complain to refs and fein injury when challenged is a disgrace and rather spoils such an excellent team.

As S1dnk says I think the card for Song changed things somewhat. He was fairly getting stuck in and obviously couldn't do that after he was booked. I enjoyed seeing the Barca fans go quiet in the pub I was in. There was a fair number of them and bounced around lording it over everyone else when they scored.

Robin van Persie is a strange player, the two shots he got away were sublime, one which took a very good save to stop, but then he missed arguably easier chances last night.

A fairly lenient sentence, all things considered.

A thoroughly horrible little nyaff, Gattuso.

That game did nothing to change my impression of italian football.

A bunch of dirty, ill tempered cheats that when things don't go thier way they end up getting dangerous.  I've detested italian anti-football for a long time now and if Spurs were to go through, then football as a sport will have won out.

That game did nothing to change my impression of italian football.

A bunch of dirty, ill tempered cheats that when things don't go thier way they end up getting dangerous.  I've detested italian anti-football for a long time now and if Spurs were to go through, then football as a sport will have won out.

Yeah, but...