Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15123867.stm

Kettering have placed 11 players on the transfer list, including Jean-Paul Marna and Moses Ashikodi, the pair who came to blows at the weekend.

Ashikodi, Marna, David Bridges and Jerel Ifil are available for loan or transfer, if a price can be agreed.

:lolabove:

Sol Davis, Phil Ifil, Leon McKenzie, Steven Meechan, Jaime Navarro, Pat Noubissie and Djoumin Sangare can be signed or borrowed without a fee.

Chairman Imraan Ladak told the club website he wants to improve the squad.

"We have transfer-listed 11 players for varying reasons, including some who have actually performed well for the club," he said.

"It is down to the players to respond in the best way and show [manager] Mark [stimson] that they want and deserve to play for this club."

Marna and Ashikodi were sent off after they came to blows during Tuesday's 5-3 defeat by Hayes & Yeading.

The Poppies, who are 20th in the Blue Square Bet Premier table, have fined Marna the maximum amount allowed under Football Association (FA) regulations and suspended him for one week.

The club, after deciding Ashikodi did not perform a violent act in the clash, appealed against the striker's red card unsuccessfully, and will await the FA's report before finalising his financial sanctions.

"They desperately do not want their Kettering Town careers to end on this note and want to make up for their actions," Ladak added.

"We have taken their word as men and hope our supporters give them the chance to make good their promise."

Admittedly our media is full of muppets but the number of times ive heard about how certain teams are on good form while they go on about how us and Hibs have problems

Dundee United are 3-1 down at home to Motherwell and for all their 'good form' they will only be 1 point ahead of us and hibs come 5pm.

Kilmarnock for all their 'good form' have just gone 2-1 down at home to st Johnstone so they too could only be 1 point ahead of us and hibs

Amazing how shite our league is that by the time we finish the first round of games we could be 5th if results go our way

Spurs currently one up against Arsenal. Not the best game if I'm honest, but a great atmosphere and good finish by van der vaart. Possibility of a handball for it though.

Been an ok game, I thought it was handball.  Had to laugh at Glenda Hoddle saying van der Vaart shouldn't have been booked for the challenge he got the yellow for... most cast iron yellow card ever.  Good to see he let his bias go!

Although the guy's a good ball winner, how ponderous on the ball is Scott Parker?  he slows Spurs down so much when he gets it, and for a team who like to break at speed that really isn't a good thing.

Been an ok game, I thought it was handball.  Had to laugh at Glenda Hoddle saying van der Vaart shouldn't have been booked for the challenge he got the yellow for... most cast iron yellow card ever.  Good to see he let his bias go!

Although the guy's a good ball winner, how ponderous on the ball is Scott Parker?  he slows Spurs down so much when he gets it, and for a team who like to break at speed that really isn't a good thing.

Initially I didn't think it was hand ball but after seeing it again I would concede that it was. Lucky to stay on the park really as he committed 3 bookable offences.

Still funny seeing Arsene squirm.  :wave:

Euro 2012 Qualified - Poland, Ukraine, Germany(A), Netherlands(E), England(G), Spain(I),

Playoffs - Montenegro(G), Sweden(E)

Possible Teams

Group A - Belgium, Turkey (Beligans away to Germany, Turks home to azerbaijan)

Group B - Russia, Armenia, Ireland (Russians finish at home to Andorra)

Group C - Estonia, Serbia (Estonia have to hope serbia fail to win their last game)

Group D - France, Bosnia (play each other in final game at Stade de France)

Group F - Greece, Croatia

Group H - Portugal, Denmark,

Group I - Czech Republic, Scotland

teams in Running to take the best 2nd place team qualifying spot - Sweden, Portugal, Denmark, Croatia

Captain Darren Fletcher has recovered from tonsillitis to play for Scotland against Liechtenstein as Craig Mackail-Smith earns his first start.

Alan Hutton is fit enough to start in defence along with Gary Caldwell, Christophe Berra and Phil Bardsley.

Barry Bannon, James Morrison, Charlie Adam and Steven Naismith join Fletcher in midfield.

Mackail-Smith will be up front in place of Kenny Miller, who failed a fitness test on Friday.

1 up front against Lichtenstein!  :hammer: