Todays fitba

I wish to fuck the ref ruled out the goal. I knew he'd get hung for this. MBT and DD, yous try running at pace and keeping your arms rigid by your side. It doesn't work like that. You could tell from his reaction, the way he kicked the ball into the net, that he thought it would get ruled out. It was a reaction of frustration. It looked accidental to me and I say this knowing that Suarez is quite happy to commit a cynical foul if it might help his team. See World Cup 2010. The ref and linesman both either ruled that it was accidental or didn't see it. Slaughter the officials if you're lusting for blood.

Gutted for Sturridge. Superb debut that now no one is talking about thanks to the officials.

BTW the way.. is the rule that a hand ball is only a foul if it's deliberate? Or is it that in the penalty area it doesn't matter if it's deliberate?

Yep I admit he always does that, but he's still a smug cunt, and he clearly knew he handled it.

Of course he knew. He has nerve endings in his limbs like most other folk. A appreciate that he's not a likeable guy but it's the officials you should have the problem with on this occasion. They decide what stands and what doesn't, not the players.

I have to say, i'm with you on this one Tyrant.  I don't blame Suarez at all, the officials have somehow missed it and has now lead to that being the talking point of the game.  I thought Suarez looked very sheepish after he scored it, almost apologetic.

I have to say, i'm with you on this one Tyrant.  I don't blame Suarez at all, the officials have somehow missed it and has now lead to that being the talking point of the game.  I thought Suarez looked very sheepish after he scored it, almost apologetic.

Apparently the 4th official told Brendan that they saw it but deemed it to be ball to hand. To be fair it did ricochet up at some speed.

And Mav, I don't agree that Suarez cheated on this occasion so I won't lose too much sleep over it. Liverpool were the better team and the better team got through in the end. If Oldham put Liverpool out in the next round as a result of a dodgy hand ball will I whinge and moan about it? Too bloody right I will!  :wave: But as the old cliche goes; these things even themselves out. You could argue that it already has. How many stonewallers has Suarez been denied this season because of his reputation? More than one anyway.

This answers my question:

Law 12: Fouls and Misconduct:

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement