Todays fitba

not sure why arsenal get so much praise for supposed financial good sense. they just gave walcott a contract for 100k per week plus 3m signing bonus. good have got a few quality youngsters for that.

selling out a 60000 stadium at min £62 a ticket each week seems like good financial sense to me. How long it will last however.......

selling out a 60000 stadium at min £62 a ticket each week seems like good financial sense to me. How long it will last however.......

i mean on the outward side of things. the whole 'philosophy' of not spending in the transfer market anymore seems ludicrous when they're dishing out wages like that to zeroalli type players like walcott - unplayable about 3 times a season and very average the rest of the time.

also heard it's 115k a week rather than 100k. madness.

I think there is no doubting some of Walcott's skill, but I think Arsenal needed to be seen to be trying everything to keep one of their bigger players this season.  Walcott has come on leaps and bounds this season but how he's worth that is beyond me.  They have clearly smashed their usual wage policy as I doubt anyone at Arsenal is on anything beyond 80k.  They have been running tight financial model, which has arguably held them back over the years and I was having this conversation with an Arsenal supporting mate of mine.  It's almost as though they were angling themselves for this "FIFA financial fair play" malarkey, however, that's going to have fuck all impact really.  These rich owners will pay a paltry fine  and get on with things.  Problem is, they've won fuck all for years and it doesn't look like changing any time soon.

Also, FYI, going to the Emirates doesn't cost £62 most weeks.

Honestly? I have no clue whatsoever.  But I'd hazard a guess that he wanted to move to win something and there was little they could do.  I doubt it was solely about money with him. He's always been a cunt, but a successful one that was used to winning things prior to moving to Arsenal.

Honestly? I have no clue whatsoever.  But I'd hazard a guess that he wanted to move to win something and there was little they could do.  I doubt it was solely about money with him. He's always been a cunt, but a successful one that was used to winning things prior to moving to Arsenal.

tbh anyone with ties to the netherlands who chooses to live elsewhere is a suspicious character who clearly lacks the right kind of ambition in my book manc.  :thumbsup:

So pochettino managed to get a point last night. Very much doubt that he had an influence on affairs, seemed very much like an Adkins team out there. Will be interesting to see what he does over the next few weeks. Whether he accepts what Adkins has left him or tries to put his stamp on affairs. If he can speak English mind.