Todays fitba

FFS sake! I clicked on this thread expecting a Man Utd wankathon!

I thought some of the billing and hype last night's game was getting was cringe worthy. Although I suppose it did turn out to be a half decent game. Real unlucky to be heading to Old Trafford without a goals advantage because they were the better team. But the Mancs had chances too.

I wasn't so sure Tyrant.  I thought united played very well and of actual goal scoring chances it was very even.  God knows why Giggs took that extra touch towards the end.  It was clearly a better result for Fergie than it was for Mourinho.  I was just glad it didn't end in a 0-0, which I thought it would do.

Celtic 6 - 2 Dundee Utd FT

Hearts 0 - 3 Kilmarnock FT

Motherwell 3 - 0 Inverness CT FT

Ross County 1 - 0 St Johnstone FT

St Mirren 0 - 1 Hibernian FT

Some interesting results with Utd getting pumped and Hearts and St Mirren dropping a bit off the bottom of the pack.

7 teams now only separated by 3 points in mid table SPL after St Johnstone drew with Celtic and United beat Motherwell who are on 40 points.

3  Inverness CT  26  6  38

4  Hibernian  27  0  37

5  St Johnstone  27  0  37

6  Kilmarnock  27  6  36

7  Aberdeen  27  -2  36

8  Dundee Utd  27  -5  36

9  Ross County  26  -2  35

Wenger's stock is on a real downward curve.  He hasn't adequately replaced his bigger players and is now left with a side that has nobody who is genuinely world-class.  All the teams above them in the EPL have a few (Spurs maybe only one or two). In that regard they're kind of on a par with Everton now, with Everton having done brilliantly well without world-class players for so long.

Wenger hasn't been able to do what Fergie has done and successfully re-build because he has failed to keep a spine in his team.  I know he's been hamstrung with Arsenal's notorious wage structure but I guess Arsenal need to decide what kind of a team they want to be, because they wont win anything for a long time until they get some real men in their team that are willing to roll up their sleeves and get in about teams.  Arsenal aren't Barcelona and England isn't Spain so it's time for a different approach there I think.