Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Decent Dundee derby today, first dark blue goal against the Arabs since 2005  :o  I do wonder how many points Douglas has cost them though, Christ he's awful! Obviously from our perspective, thank fuck because there is no doubting the last game against them were lucky points gained by us.

Quite looking forward to the north London derby next, hopefully it won't be a complete snooze fest.

Watching it on motd2. Jonathan pierce saying we may hear more about the incident where arsenal fans threw a banana at bale when taking a corner. He's not quite understanding what racism is eh? Bale looks like a monkey. Taking the piss out of him for being a monkey boy is not quite the same as chucking bananas at black folk ffs!

Best team lost but not sure what all the controversy's about, Arbeloa is first to the ball and gets taken out at chest height (studs showing) by a late challenge. I felt it was the wrong decision at first look, but from replays etc I think the ref had no choice. There's a case for arguing every late challenge is an 'accident', still a foul though.

Rio Ferdinand is a complete and utter fucking tool.

Best team lost but not sure what all the controversy's about, Arbeloa is first to the ball and gets taken out at chest height (studs showing) by a late challenge. I felt it was the wrong decision at first look, but from replays etc I think the ref had no choice. There's a case for arguing every late challenge is an 'accident', still a foul though.

Rio Ferdinand is a complete and utter fucking tool.

100% correct.

Ah well, referee spoilt the game tonight. At least GD will be happy  :wave:

I agree with mourinho, the best team certainly lost, even if he was keeping his options open.

100% pish min.

I agree with CTS. You cannot expect to jam your studs into someone's torso aboot 5 feet off the ground, taking him out full force and be surprised when you're shown a red card. I don't doubt that there wasn't any intent to harm. There clearly wasn't but if the referee deems it serious foul play (as he was right to IMO my opinion) then he's left with no choice but to send Nani off. I'm real tired of hearing this "Ref ruined the game" pish. Nani and his recklessness ruined the game. The ref was strong and made a big call and I don't think he got it wrong. Even Roy Keane is able to see it without the blinkers.

I also didn't think Man Utd were the better team at any point in the match. Until the sending off it was about 50-50 in terms of possession and chances. After the sending off Madrid had more possession obviously.

How quickly do people forget that Man Utd scored from a corner in the 1st leg that was clearly a goal kick.

And Rio Ferdinand showed himself to the the cunt he truly is. 

Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I along with many others (not united fans either may I add) thought exactly the same. As I said, it was clearly a yellow, but a sending off it was never. I genuinely thought that the chances united created were better than that of reals, but at the end of the day the equaliser was worthy of winning a match by itself.

I think a yellow was the least acceptable outcome to be honest, a yellow suggests he saw a foul, and when a foul is studs up at chest height it's surely got to be a red? Or if he thought it was a totally accidental clash it should have been a drop ball and no card.

Red or nothing for me.