Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

he really is a filthy little cunt.

Agreed

Personally i'd kick the fucker out of football fir a minimum of six months for an act like that. No accident and got previous. I defy anyone to defend this type of behaviour

Tyrant will be along soon...

Seriously it is indefensible.

Heard some Scouse twat trying to defend it on tele this morning by say Ivanovic must have been doing something to Saurez. In all honesty he couldn't convince himself far less anyone else.

On reflection I think a six month ban is too lenient, just ban the filthy little fucker full stop.

He has previous for bitting opposition players as well. Got a 7 game ban while at Ajax for something similar. Would expect a similar length of ban at a minimum this time as well.

Saw the good and the bad of him today. Great end to the game.

Agreed. Was a slow first half but the second half was excellent. Torres was absolutely not interested in playing against Liverpool. Some great football from Liverpool and Sturridge was playing like a man possessed. As was Suarez as usual. Until the silly hand ball and the bite let him badly down. Of course it's indefensible.

The only thing that surprised me about the Suarez bite was that it took as long as it did for it to happen. Obviously it's common knowledge that Suarez is hot tempered and part of the plan if you're his opponent is to try to use that to your team's advantage. I've got no problem with this whatsoever and I accept that this is part of the game. Ivanovic is a sneaky cunt (always has been) and has been playing in the "bait Suarez" (but not literally I thought?) role for the last few Liverpool/Chelsea games and he finally got the better of him. I thought Suarez was growing up and becoming more experienced and better able to deal with that as he won't be unfamiliar with that sort of attention. As Suarez and others have quite rightly said it's inexcusable and I'm glad he was quick to apologise and Ivanovic showed class in accepting. I hope Luis is as quick to accept the lengthy ban he will inevitably get.  Although this talk of 6 months or longer is nonsense. Aye it's a horrible thing to do but some of the comments are OTT. I expect this to be his last game for Liverpool this season. He'll probably miss the start of next too. The silver lining here is that this may put other clubs off coming in for him. Probably not though.

Tyrant, we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I stand by comments regarding lenght of the ban. The sort of behaviour demonstrated yesterday, made even worse by the fact he has previous for it, has no place in any sport.

To be honest, it really has no place in society, and as such he should be dealt with severely. Would you accept going about your day job and someone taking a bite of you ?

Tyrant, we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I stand by comments regarding lenght of the ban. The sort of behaviour demonstrated yesterday, made even worse by the fact he has previous for it, has no place in any sport.

To be honest, it really has no place in society, and as such he should be dealt with severely. Would you accept going about your day job and someone taking a bite of you ?

I'm not saying it should be accepted, Al. Far from it! I thought I was clear on that? Suarez deserves to be banned and will be. But I stick by what I said about the length of ban. There's no need for a 6 month (or longer) ban.

Fair enough mate, you're correct to highlight you did clearly state it was unacceptable.

My point about it happening at your work is that I'd guess you'd either batter the fuck out of the person or seek criminal charges i.e this sort of behaviour is unacceptable under any circumstances.

Anyway,I'll pass sentence, you can be the appeal judge  ;)

:rofl:

It's a shame, I really hoped Suarez was beyond this part of his life, I was amused when he did it to Bakkal but never thought it would happen again!  He deserves to be banned but more importantly, sold from my Fantasy Team FFS  :hammer:

I hope he's still wearing the dirty red of Liverpool next season.

giving a wee nibble to someone who clearly has you in a state of extreme sexual excitement isn't as bad as being a racist, or even a constant cheat. should be a long ban but with all the other stuff he should've been banned  (or banned longer) for so far it's just another to add to the list.

in rugger you see folk gouging people's eyes and that tends only to get a 12 game ban. professional, over-paid sports are just a licence to be an utter utter cunt in a lot of ways.

Suarez, even Liverpool aren't defending the cunt now.

But get rid of him? Doubt it.

But seriously, he's a wee liability with an impressive rap sheet. Who wouldn't want him?

Plenty of clubs would look to goal scoring record and think he is worth the risk.

I'm sure they would jute, I was being serious.

I'd be astonished if they sold him unless it was daft money.

He's always going to do shit like that, you take the rough with the smooth but it has to be accepted that despite being a brilliant player, he's undoubtedly a fucking cunt and will be a liability.

Plenty of clubs would look to goal scoring record and think he is worth the risk.

Which is precisely why Liverpool's stance on selling him won't have changed. They'll sell him for silly money and only if the boy wants the move for European football or what have you.