Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

I don't think the second one was off side? It was mighty close anyway and the benefit of the doubt is meant to favour the attackers so I don't have a problem with it. Robben's goal, aye. That shouldn't have stood.

Robben's goal cracked me up, what a hit!

i'd say the ban is fair enough on Suarez.  Does probably mean that your season is over though, can't see Liverpool doing much without him.

10 game ban is completely deserved IMO. However, I would imagine they will probably get it reduced to about 8 on appeal.

Match of the Day host Gary Lineker said on Twitter: "Very strong punishment. Vital now that FA are consistently strong on all issues eg racism, abusing refs etc. Also this ridiculous nonsense of 'if the ref saw it they can't punish retrospectively' has to be addressed!"

Have to say that I do agree with Lineker. They need to be consistent and forceful on all issues, not just picking and choosing which ones to be strong on (biting) and issues where they are perhaps too leniant (Terry racism row/4 game ban).

Aye but if he had been playing for Liverpool then he would have been hammered by the FA!  :thumbsup:

I hadn't seen Suarez's previous bite before until it was shown this week on the news.  Fucking horrendous stuff.

How's he going to cope with a 10 match ban?  The guy will be fucking starving by the end of it.

Defoe was a one off while Saurez has his own parking space at Lancaster Gate. If it had been his first offence I doubt he would have got more than a 3 game ban for viloent conduct but its not so he gets hammered and rightly so.

Rep should have fuck all to do with it. Defoe should have got the same punishment as the one Suarez got the first time.

But it's not reputation, its his record.

That said, 10 games is harsh as much as Terry's was lenient.

The rule that supposes a booking is "dealing" with an offence is blatant bollocks though.

Didn't think clarification was needed but clearly I was wrong. If he gets banned for biting it should be that particular offence that he's punished for. Not all his previous ones too.

I actually agree with this  :o

I need a lie down.  Agreeing with you far too much recently.  Stop all this sensible chat!

Didn't think clarification was needed but clearly I was wrong. If he gets banned for biting it should be that particular offencethat he's punished for. Not all his previous ones too.

Someone gets arrested for drink driving multiple times. He should get the same punishment the first time as the third time?

Someone gets arrested for drink driving multiple times. He should get the same punishment the first time as the third time?

Exactly.

It's nonsense to suggest that Suarez should be punished by taking one incident in isolation.  He has a history of being a horrible cunt and should be punished for it.

Exactly.

It's nonsense to suggest that Suarez should be punished by taking one incident in isolation.  He has a history of being a horrible cunt and should be punished for it.

He is a repeat offender and has been punished accordingly.