Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Someone gets arrested for drink driving multiple times. He should get the same punishment the first time as the third time?

Firstly it's his second biting offence, not third. More importantly drink driving is an infinitely more serious offence and should not be compared to biting. If you're a 2 time drink driver than a harsher penalty the second time is a no brainer because you're on course to kill someone but for this bite a 7 or 8 match ban would have sufficed.9 maybe? but FFS fuck sake even folk that hate Suarez and Liverpool are saying that 10 is harsh. Because it is.

Firstly it's his second biting offence, not third. More importantly drink driving is an infinitely more serious offence and should not be compared to biting. If you're a 2 time drink driver than a harsher penalty the second time is a no brainer because you're on course to kill someone but for this bite a 7 or 8 match ban would have sufficed.9 maybe? but FFS fuck sake even folk that hate Suarez and Liverpool are saying that 10 is harsh. Because it is.

Genuinely, I'm surprised at folk.  Everyone who knows me knows that I despise liverpool, but even I can say Suarez has been dealt with harshly imo.  How the fuck Terry, who is a fucking racist cunt got off with less is what I find disgusting.  Yes, biting is completely unacceptable and he needed to be fined and banned but some of the reaction has been way OTT.  I also can't see how you could compare it to drink driving either...two completely irrelevant situations!  It was his first biting offence in England, that is where his record here should begin.  Sure, if he does it again whilst he's playing in England hound him out of the country but right now, everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Sure, if he does it again whilst he's playing in England hound him out of the country but right now, everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Good to see that you and Tyrant finally realise that his previous record should be taken into account when penalising him!  :thumbsup:

Rightly or wrongly, drink driving is more prevalent & socially acceptable in society (!) than what biting is.  My mate is seriously hacked off that his 3 yr old son got bit in nursery a couple of months ago.  That's the level of maturity you're speaking about here.  Suarez can't call himself a man if he thinks he can get away with biting another.  He got an eight match ban for a previous serious misdemeanour in England.  It's perfectly logical that he'd get a longer ban for yet another one.

It was his first biting offence in England, that is where his record here should begin.  Sure, if he does it again whilst he's playing in England hound him out of the country but right now, everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Manc, I'm surprised at this coming from you, this argument is utter pish, it's his second serious offence while playing football in England, both times having carried out offences that would be unacceptable out of a football ground let alone in it.  Suarez is a grade A scumbag.  If he's any kind of a man and wants to earn some respect, he'll accept his punishment and come back stronger next season but the opposite applies if he chooses otherwise.

https://twitter.com/luis16suarez/status/327778822365773824/photo/1

BTR, I wholeheartedly agree that his actions were of a scumbag, i'm just saying, the FA should look at their own (JT) because I'd argue that racism is at least equal to it.  I felt an 8 game ban was fair enough, 10 seems excessive but I guess if thats what it takes then fair enough.  I was more alluding to the Daily Mail's campaign against him and other sections of the Media which have been going way overboard.

I think that's a really good statement he put out, whoever wrote it for him did it well.  Whatever else you can say about Suarez he's top quality entertainment.  The whole biting thing has been blown out of proportion, I'm sure I'm not the only poster on this forum that actually found it a bit funny at the time.  He was always going to get nailed for it and rightly so, the FA have set their precedent now as well.  Really hope he doesn't leave liverpool because of this though, I love watching him play on a regular basis!

Obviously drink driving is a much more serious offence. As I am sure you understand, my point was more about the precedent - he did it before and got a 7 games ban. Repeating the offence should and did result in a heavier punishment - that was all I was attempting to illustrate. Admittedly, I think the original 7 games ban was over the top but that's the precedent that was set.

I don't disagree at all that there are other incidents that should have been dealt with in a more severe manner (i.e. John Terry and everything to do with Rangers FC (deceased)) - but ultimately two wrongs don't make a right. Additionally, although you seem to downplay the seriousness, biting has been proven to transmit diseases such as tetanus or hepatitis which is not minor by any stretch of the imagination.

Benfica through despite practically committing gbh on the pitch. How you can kick someone in the face which results in them being unconscious and still play on without as much as a caution is beyond me. I hope Chelsea pump them. There, I said it.

Benfica through despite practically committing gbh on the pitch. How you can kick someone in the face which results in them being unconscious and still play on without as much as a caution is beyond me. I hope Chelsea pump them. There, I said it.

Manc how could you want a team with a despicable cunt like Terry in it to win anything?

Jute, you see my predicament but the way that benfica went about that disgusted me. They cheated, plain and simple. I hope someone breaks perez's leg. It takes some doing to surpass my disgust of those blue cunts, but they did it. Besides, hopefully Benitez will bench him  ;D

Now that's more like an offence that deserves a 10 match ban.

Jute, you see my predicament but the way that benfica went about that disgusted me. They cheated, plain and simple. I hope someone breaks perez's leg. It takes some doing to surpass my disgust of those blue cunts, but they did it. Besides, hopefully Benitez will bench him  ;D

Him even being in the squad is reson enough to want them to lose.

Shocking double standards.