Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

United were awful today, but credit where credit is due, Liverpool played really well.

Really? I thought United had the lions share of the game - ok they didn't play that well considering who they are but I thought Liverpool offered nothing in return considering they were the home team. Did 'pool even get in United's box in the second half? I can't remember it if they did.

But yeah, Welbeck, brutal. Offers nothing. Threatens even less.

Didn't watch the game as I had to work but saw MOTD the Day 2. There was very little between the teams. Had Van Persie put away that chance he had at the end and the match had finished 1-1 no one could really have complained. Although he spent most of the game trying to start fights with everyone. Solid enough defensive display from Liverpool. I'm pleased for big Martin. Don't think one dodgy showing warranted being dropped for that long.

Really? I thought United had the lions share of the game - ok they didn't play that well considering who they are but I thought Liverpool offered nothing in return considering they were the home team. Did 'pool even get in United's box in the second half? I can't remember it if they did.

But yeah, Welbeck, brutal. Offers nothing. Threatens even less.

Maybe it was my fragile state of mind blurring my vision, but I genuinely thought United were awful.  Liverpool looked very organised and were under no serious pressure until the final 5-10 mins.  What is Moyes' beef with Kagawa FFS?!?

I actually used to rate Welbeck, but the past few weeks i've been seriously unimpressed with him.

This!

How on earth he hasn't been a bigger part of the United team not just this season but since he signed is beyond me.  Potentially a sensational player.

Could be the creative spark they're desperate for.

In my eyes, there is no could be about it and from the comments I see on other forums it's an opinion which is shared.  He'd be a fool to not utilise him, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

TC  :wave:

I've never warmed to Moyes. I don't really give a fuck how good or bad a manager he is, da like the cunt.

Time will tell but I just can't see it working out there for him. The cantankerous old cunt above him, our greatest ever manager, probably the greatest manager of all time will probably love it when Moyes falls flat on his arse. Me me me is all that he has ever been. Fuck Yoonited, fuck SAF, fuck the Glazer rat jews and fuck the plastic wannabe fans including those with turbans on their heads.

Not sure I'm allowed to say all that. I'm not even allowed to think it. Like I give a fuck.

To be fair it was always going to be a nightmare following a legend like Fergie, Moyes is on a hiding to nothing.

Same thing happened when McGhee took over from Calderwood.

Without question the single best post I've ever (ever) read on donstalk.

Take a bow Son.  Long live Jimmy.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shite, never rated Shelvey and was surprised when Laudrup signed him, fairly sure the lad is special needs after seeing his interview. All Laudrup needs to do now, however, is play that condescending shite from Rodgers to wind him up for a game. Fit a fuckin' prick. The way he was speaking you'd think Liverpool had thumped Swansea not been gifted a draw.

ETA

How much longer can that other 'crivehpooleh' 'plchrayah' carry-on in his employment as a match summariser?

I can only imagine how smug Neville felt when Carragher announced that both Gerrard and Lampard were better than Scholes...

I can only imagine how smug Neville felt when Carragher announced that both Gerrard and Lampard were better than Scholes...

Carragher's argument of "if Scholes was so good, why did SAF sign Juan Veron?"

Hahaha... what?  I actually think he's a decent enough analyst and he isn't bland which is half the battle I reckon but he got that shout massively wrong. He kept going on about how all three have played in European finals etc, nothing about winning league titles, funnily enough.