Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

I have no sympathy. Home advantage means you can stack the odds in your favour. Aberdeen do it as well I'm sure. We water one half of the pitch more then the other at half time.

I think there's a distinction to be made between altering one side of the pitch by under-watering and by repeatedly driving agricultural machinery through it.

Agree with the general irony at the Old Lady claiming to be cheated, mind.

Oh aye, I'm nae saying we're on the same level. But nonetheless I have no sympathy for Juve. And tbh be honest I don't even think I have a big problem with a team using home advantage to this extent. Maybe that's just because the victims in this instance are cheating cunts.

Oh aye, I'm nae saying we're on the same level. But nonetheless I have no sympathy for Juve. And tbh be honest I don't even think I have a big problem with a team using home advantage to this extent. Maybe that's just because the victims in this instance are cheating cunts.

Cheating is wrong regardless of who it's against, though the irony isn't lost on me either.

That pitch was a fucking disgrace.

what a cracking game, but I thought the linesman had a terrible game. There were at least 3 offside decisions that he got wrong, including the disallowed goal. Fernandinhos first goal was special. Think Walcotts second edged it for me though.

Agreed. I thought Arse were hard done by on at least 2 occasions anyway.

A certain Mr. Suarez's stock is rising even further! £80m please.

Agreed. I thought Arse were hard done by on at least 2 occasions anyway.

A certain Mr. Suarez's stock is rising even further! £80m please.

Agreed on both. Watched a couple of Pool matches and the guy has been fucking unplayable. Amazing talent. You're waiting for the bampottery to emerge again though. So long as he is fit and right in the nut to tear the guffs a new one.

The form he is in currently would Liverpool be tempted to cash in if Madrid were to make an offer in January given Suarez usually follows a run of good form with an act of madness.

Nonsense, Jute, min. I know you're all hoping he falls flat on his arse again in some way but I believe he's maturing as a man as well as a player. Don't get me wrong, he's still unpredictable to an extent but to more or less suggest his goal-scoring form indicates that he's away to bite someone is pish.

As a man who follows Liverpool I can say that it would have to be a truly mental amount of money before I'd say "sell" because there's not a single other player that I'd rather have. And certainly not one that would come to Liverpool. (Aguero?). I'm delighted that Liverpool are trying to get him signed up again although I suspect that nothing will be decided until at least the end of the season as Luis quite rightly wants to play in the CL League.

I didn't think jute meant it was deliberate, simply that runs of good form usually are punctuated with an act of stupidity.

Maybe he won't.

Pretty much what I was getting at. I like Suarez as a player and on song is a joy to watch. However he has history a sudden rash acts all the way back to his time at Ajax. Hopefully he is maturing but if Real make a Bale style bid for him would that be a gamble Liverpool were willing to take.

'Maturing as a man as well as a player'.

That's some insight you have there given he's only played about a dozen games since his last sidelining.

I'm just hoping he doesn't do anything daft before the chance to stick three past England.

That's true but the way he captained the team last weekend was partly what I had in mind when I suggested he's maturing. He was absolutely superb. Also the way he's conducted himself since the summer. You'll all appreciate how rare it is for a player to make such a high profile attempt to engineer a move away from a club and not succeed which is a credit to the people running Liverpool. But what's a credit to Suarez is how he's accepted Liverpool's decision and knuckled down on the pitch. It's even rarer to have a player try to engineer a move, not get it and then produce the form of his life at a club that he supposedly has no interest in being at. So I stand by what I said. Maturing as a man and a player. There will probably be incidents in the future but hopefully not as many. Although his hunger to play seems to increase with every ban!