Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

To be honest, I don't think it was a foul on the keeper.  It's a symptom of the modern game that we expect keepers to get everything their way and that shouldn't be the case.  Thought the ref today did quite well, Black's tackle for his yellow wasn't a yellow in itself but the ref knew what he was up to - it was a revenge tackle and he nipped it in the bud there and then because after that, Black took a step back.

However, in the broader sense the SFA/UEFA/FIFA have to step in with this hun lot.  Rovers players hitting the deck with cramp from about 65 mins on.  The huns playing full time players on very good SPL wages would be absolutely fine if they could afford it, but they can't. That isn't sport. Why shouldn't Rovers pay for players above their financial capacity if it gets their club where they want, knowing they can just go into admin and then get it all wiped, and still survive?

I know it wouldn't work like that for Rovers etc, but what the huns are doing isn't sporting, it isn't in the essence of fair competition and everyone knows it.  They've made a loss of £14m in 12 months, when they've been in existence for only 2 years, why is this allowed to happen? 

They should have been banned from the major domestic cup comps as well as Europe for their first three years as it would have made sure they kept the ball on the deck as far outgoings went - if they knew the only games they had were lower league matches they'd have cut their cloth accordingly knowing they couldn't play the tims/Dons/Jutes etc til at least their fourth year of existence.

The football authorities are as much to blame as the huns board and that cheating bastard McCoist for what is about to happen again.

For me he doesn't touch the ball just takes the keeper out and even if he did get a touch, that was a secondary intention after clattering the keeper. If you jump into an outfield player anywhere on the park, it's a foul. Christ you take a rugby player out off the ground and it's a penalty.

As far as the rest of your post I 100% agree. You see it in the english lower leagues with relative regularity,  *cough* chesterfield *cough*. I think it's seen as an actual viable business plan, and this is how Sevco are administering it. Until there is proper deterrent, and in my opinion the only real deterrent is relegation in the season you enter administration, then the crooks will continue to play the system.

The fact is the clubs and the football authorities in Scotland had the opportunity to improve the system for the better, but instead it remains set up to benefit only two clubs, one of which has less than 2 years of history, and it stinks to high heaven.

For me he doesn't touch the ball just takes the keeper out and even if he did get a touch, that was a secondary intention after clattering the keeper. If you jump into an outfield player anywhere on the park, it's a foul. Christ you take a rugby player out off the ground and it's a penalty.

This.

Tribute act player clearly only makes contact with the Rovers keeper and not the ball. Even McCann and Gough both said it was a foul.

The player (don't know his name and I don't want to) clattered the keeper and to me it looked a foul. 99 times out of 100 that is given in the keeper's favour. You see challenges far weaker than that awarded in the keeper's favour. I've been convinced for quite some time that the powers that be are desperate for a blockbuster cup final and Dons v Huns would do them nicely so I'm on the "Ref's had a word in his ear" camp too. Corrupt from the top to the bottom. FFS sake.

Arabs going off the rails again?

Currently 2-0 down at home to St Mirren. Score stays the same its 2 defeats in a row after all this media chat about them being 'over their blip'

Partick also 2-0 up on Hibs

If country turn over st Johnstone tonight and Hearts lose at home to the Arabs next Friday it means they could actually be relegated next Saturday