Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Fuck killie, rather they went down, but it must be hilarious to see the hivees shit themselves right now. 1 win in 18 for butcher, big lolz!

I was saying to my palace mate the other day, manager of the season should be split between Pulis and Poyet, both have done incredibly well, especially now since Sunderland are safe. Both seemed destined for the drop for large spells of the season. Amazing turnarounds.

whoever ends up in the playoff from the SPL will win easily, sorry to say

Not so sure about Hibs. They looked like a relegated team when we beat them at start of April. No ability in the team and no fight or spirit either. Plenty of rumours around Edinburgh that  Butcher and Malpas have lost the dressing room at Easter Road. Can see any of the play off teams from the Championship beating them.

Don't agree, Hibs are gone, their confidence is shot to pieces.

They don't have a goalscorer. Big difference with them and Killie is that Boyd is always liable to get a goal. Just don't see where that would come from with Hibs. And the problem for them going into a playoff is that they are on a wretched run which shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

Going into those matches you want to be on a winning run.  Look at Aberdeen in 95, had those playoffs been 6 weeks earlier I certainly wouldn't have bet on us getting through them.  Confidence is pretty much everything in these scenarios.

Pretty much spot on, read Boyds equalisers/winners in games has earned Killie 20 points this year, thats pretty incredible since they've only got 36 altogether. Hibs just dont have anyone, at all.

Id love to see the SPL team go down, preferable Hibs but Id take Killie

whoever ends up in the playoff from the SPL will win easily, sorry to say

yeah Hibs are in freefall, I could see it if they had won a couple recently but still ended up in the play-off but their confidence is shot. If they end up in the play off I think they will go down.

And the second leg is at Easter Road or Rugby Park

Strange that back in the 1995, 1996, and 1997 playoffs the 2nd leg was played at the 1st division team's stadium.

You'd almost think that they wanted Hibs or Kilmarnock to stay up  ::)

No idea why it doesn't mirror the other playoffs. I suppose the SPL finishes later so the SPL sides semi final would be played a week later than the other but it just smacks of favouritism

No idea why it doesn't mirror the other playoffs. I suppose the SPL finishes later so the SPL sides semi final would be played a week later than the other but it just smacks of favouritism

Next years play off between the bottom team in the third division and winners of the HFL and SLL is set up the same way.

That I can understand because you have teams from two leagues competing for the one promotion place plus it's a three team playoff so it has to favour one of the sides.

Here you have four teams competing, yet instead of teams needing to win two games you have two teams that would need to win three games, one team that would need to win two and one team that just needs to win one, to me that's stupid

He has scored 22 goals for a shit Killie side. If Aberdeen sign him I think we will win the league next year. Comes across as a nice guy as well when he is on the radio.

:rofl:

you are still drunk.  Trust me on this dude, there are just some players that regardless of talent are just to hunnish to ever be accepted by the aberdeen support and boyd falls into that category.  Big time.  Besides, if we are going to add to the attack i would be looking for players that are a bit different to what we already have.  Boyd is in the same mould as rooney and vernon though that said i expect at least one of zola and vernon to be off this summer if not both. 

:rofl:

you are still drunk.  Trust me on this dude, there are just some players that regardless of talent are just to hunnish to ever be accepted by the aberdeen support and boyd falls into that category.  Big time.  Besides, if we are going to add to the attack i would be looking for players that are a bit different to what we already have.  Boyd is in the same mould as rooney and vernon though that said i expect at least one of zola and vernon to be off this summer if not both.

Comon to fuck. What a ridiculous parochial, stubborn reason for not signing someone. Who cares if he used to play for Rangers he'd be a fantastic asset to our team and would help us in our goal of winning the league.

Comon to fuck. What a ridiculous parochial, stubborn reason for not signing someone. Who cares if he used to play for Rangers he'd be a fantastic asset to our team and would help us in our goal of winning the league.

He's too Hunnish for me.