Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

I stuck the Rangers, The/Celtic game on at about the 35 minute mark and watched until half time. Fucking hell what an utterly brutal standard of "football" that was. There wasn't even any kicking, rioting or fighting on or off the pitch. Massive let down. Ended up watching fucking River Cottage instead for the love of fuck.  :hammer: Glad there won't be another for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Just waiting for the pouring of outrage from you all following Rooney's embarrassing dive to secure Man Utd's win last night. Clearly zero contact. Literally none but down he went. Everyone's been defending him too which is even more of an embarrassment. Let's keep everyone on a level playing field, eh.  :hammer:

I didn't watch the game so can't comment on anything else. Wouldn't surprise me though. I know Man Utd have only lost once in 18 or 19 games but yet Van Gaal is still seemingly under a wee bit of pressure. As illustrated by Sam Allardyce of all people burning him with some mind games.

It was a shocking, shocking dive.  How they could defend him was beyond me.  He could have easily stayed on his feet and was hardly a reckless slide from the GK. Even that annoying sally from BBC Breakfast refused to get drawn into it.

Man united's actually play has been pretty shocking and i think this is why he's been put under pressure. It all seems far too fragile to me.  Something which I've never known a united side to look.

It was a shocking, shocking dive.  How they could defend him was beyond me.  He could have easily stayed on his feet and was hardly a reckless slide from the GK. Even that annoying sally from BBC Breakfast refused to get drawn into it.

Man united's actually play has been pretty shocking and i think this is why he's been put under pressure. It all seems far too fragile to me.  Something which I've never known a united side to look.

Rooney knocked the ball past the keeper, saw the ball was running away from him slightly and hit the deck. Fat Dowd too much of a pussy to book him for diving. Disgraceful.

Don't know who the co-commentator was last night but seemed to be distinctly pro Man U.

I still think the equaliser should not have stood - what happened to 'you don't need to touch the ball to be interferring with play'?

As for the penalty? well its the old 'he used his experience' routine

Aye, Martin Keown is known for his pro-United stance right enough, particularly prevelant when Fellaini was elbowed in the face and all he did was go on about Fellaini elbowing people and that no doubt he would be elbowing someone soon.

New offside laws mean that you mostly have to touch the ball to be interfering with play. Surely this hasn't passed you by, Tom?  It's a farce of course, but that's the law.

spoke too soon

Feel dirty saying it Tom, but delighted that Victim FC have got themselves back into this tie.

They have to go to Italy next week with some kind of chance of getting through to the next round, otherwise they will simply rest several players ahead of our game on the Sunday.

Wouldn't mind seeing them picking up a right few injuries in the process though

Feel dirty saying it Tom, but delighted that Victim FC have got themselves back into this tie.

They have to go to Italy next week with some kind of chance of getting through to the next round, otherwise they will simply rest several players ahead of our game on the Sunday.

Wouldn't mind seeing them picking up a right few injuries in the process though

thought did cross my mind earlier.

Hammering and they'd send the reserves. Glimmer of hope and its the full squad