Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Just looked at the form table and its amazing (or a sign how strange the league is) that Caley and the Arabs are still in the top half

Celtic - 25 from a possible 30

County - 25 from a possible 30

Dons - 22 from a possible 30

St Johnstone - 17 from a possible 30

Thistle - 16 from a possible 30

Well - 13 from a possible 30

Dundee - 12 from a possible 30

St Mirren - 9 from a possible 30

Killie - 9 from a possible 30

Caley - 8 from a possible 30

Accies - 7 from a possible 30

Arabs - 5 from a possible 30

Would say St Johnstone are Caley's biggest threat

Not much of an effort?

I offered to open my home to you reprobates! Last time I did that I ended up with a hangover, a mountain of empty bottles and an £90 babestation phone bill courtesy of chimp & TC!

Only £90. Chimp obviously moderated his behaviour  then.

Watching Bournemouth v Bolton. Easy to see how Bournemouth have scored 112 goals in all competitions this season. By christ they love to go forward and attack but can't help but think they might have to moderate this a bit in the premiership next season or they could get a few right doings.

Watching Bournemouth v Bolton. Easy to see how Bournemouth have scored 112 goals in all competitions this season. By christ they love to go forward and attack but can't help but think they might have to moderate this a bit in the premiership next season or they could get a few right doings.

Do they not (like Brentford) want to sack their manager at the end of the season?

Has anything been said about where Bournemouth will be playing next season as I am sure their current ground does not meet EPL requirements.

The only requirements are

1) All-Seated

2) Complies with Taylor Report

3) Relevant Safety Certificates.

Unlike the pricks at SPL and Co the English Premier league has never introduced a 'minimum' capacity rule...yet

Blackpool had approx 17000 and QPR currently have just over 18000

Southampton played 11 years in the Premiership with a capacity of just 15,200

Blackpool game abandoned after pitch invasion.

Their owners make Romanov look like mother Teressa

Brentford heading for the premiership playoffs unless Derby can find 2 goals in the next 7 mins

and in lighter news

Falkirk 0-3 Hibs

Hearts 2-2 Sevco

Queen of the South Vs Sevco coming up next Saturday

Cowdenbeath heading down to League 2 and livi somehow staying up

Hull look like they're going to be on the end of an absolute pumping from Arsenal tonight, 3-0 and it's just about 1/2 time. Aluko missed a glorious chance when it was 0-0.

Better 2nd half from Hull but still not great. 1-3 now. Looks like final relegation place will go right to the wire.

I've slated Italian football more than most, but could we be seeing a bit of a revival? Juve, I know have spent millions, but in the semis of the chumps league and playing very well against Real. Only Italian team I have ever liked is fiorentina and they're through to the semis of the Europa league. Fingers crossed they can get a result against sevilla on Thursday.

Personally Italian football will forever be tainted for me

3 incidents of match fixing that I can recall since I got interested in football one of which was against the dons (Torino 1993 anyone)

However so fed up with barcelona and real madrid I hope it is a munich vs juventus final

As for the europa league?  Dnipro all the way for me

In other news Caley 2-1 Arabs

Pretty much sewing up 3rd place in the league. Caley win on saturday and its over

Personally Italian football will forever be tainted for me

3 incidents of match fixing that I can recall since I got interested in football one of which was against the dons (Torino 1993 anyone)

However so fed up with barcelona and real madrid I hope it is a munich vs juventus final

As for the europa league?  Dnipro all the way for me

In other news Caley 2-1 Arabs

Pretty much sewing up 3rd place in the league. Caley win on saturday and its over

Dnipro?!?! Why, Tom? Definitely would love to see a Juventus Bayern final.

Re the SPFL, that makes it all the more frustrating that we couldn't beat the Arabs on Saturday.