Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Game on at the Hawthorns. West Brom missed a penalty at 0-0, Chelsea were 3-1 up, Terry got sent off and Morrison has now just scored an excellent header to make it 3-2.

Decent debut for Pedro so far though, not quite sure what LVG was saying they didn't go for him earlier in the week though  ??? And then press chatter about Neymar? Someone is having a laugh at their expense. Not a chance.

Some decent scores there in the league cups, both north and south of the border.

Brilliant result in the chumps league play off, keeps them distracted in Europe but denies them the amount of money they would have had from the Champs league group stages  :rofl:

Apparently tic fans are turning on Delia.

I've heard the arguments for why every scottish football fan should want celtic to win in europe but personally I think those who tout that are missing the bigger picture.

The worst one i heard was how grateful the other clubs should be as they would get £250k out of it.

Wow £250k to strengthen as opposed to 10-20million in celtics pocket.

Too long have the Scottish football powers that be put all their eggs in the old firm basket whilst ignoring the other teams. Few years ago I recall tic and blue meanie games being postponed so give them a better chance of winning in europe only for them to bottle it on each occasion. The excuses of 'lack of competition' flouted without even the slightest hint of irony. The backing isn't even to win the fucking thing, its to 'get to the knock out stages'. If you're a 'big team'  and you are not in the tournament to win it then you may as well not bother.

The Germans ripped up their plans and started again after euro 2000. The Belgians did the same when they failed to qualify for German 2006.

I don't recall Scottish football ever re-writing its philosophy and Scotland haven't qualified for a tournament since 1998 or even got past the 1st round of those they made it to.

A fair balance of finances would be a start. See if the Tic can still dominate when the only extra cash they get is due to their own supporters buying tickets & merchandise, and from attracting large sponsors.

Heavily enforced rules regarding how much of your income you can spend on wages

A proper requirement for clubs to play their own developed players week in week out. Not like that stupid u21 rule which saw clubs name 3 bench-warmers, one that says you have X number of years to get at least 6 home grown players into your starting 11.

Every club to have proper training facilities (indoor and outdoor).

Then again none of that would probably help as too many cannot see past a 2 horse race.