Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Kari Arnason interviewed on Sky about beating Tims. Last question from interviewer to him was did he think Celtic playing on a Thursday would help Aberdeen challenge he replied "I hope so. Once a Don always a Don."

Always liked that guy.

Chris Sutton is without a doubt the worst commentator I've ever had the misfortune of hearing/seeing but hearing him fighting back the tears was music to my ears. He was hurting so much it was funny.  ;D ;D ;D Allow me to summarise the reasons why Sutton should never work on TV ever again:

• Called the Malmo player "pathetic" for going to ground after he was kneed in the groin by Thumb.
  • Cried outrage at Thumb being booked for said incident and claimed there was "minimal contact" despite replays showing a clear and blatant knee to the groin.
  • Referred to various officials as idiots time and time again.
  • Tried to pick fights with the BT Sport host.
  • Harped on about various decisions time and time again. Far too emotionally fragile to do any sort of half decent commentary work

Chris Sutton is without a doubt the worst commentator I've ever had the misfortune of hearing/seeing but hearing him fighting back the tears was music to my ears. He was hurting so much it was funny.  ;D ;D ;D Allow me to summarise the reasons why Sutton should never work on TV ever again:

• Called the Malmo player "pathetic" for going to ground after he was kneed in the groin by Thumb.
  • Cried outrage at Thumb being booked for said incident and claimed there was "minimal contact" despite replays showing a clear and blatant knee to the groin.
  • Referred to various officials as idiots time and time again.
  • Tried to pick fights with the BT Sport host.
  • Harped on about various decisions time and time again. Far too emotionally fragile to do any sort of half decent commentary work

Can't disagree with a single word of what you've said there.

Summed it all up when even Deliah Smith managed to maintain a degree of decorum (surprisingly) in his post match interview

As much as Sutton is a biased tool, he at least could say the word "penalty" properly. Something an ex professional player now working on TV should manage pretty well you'd think.

Hartson has somehow managed a career in the game thinking the word is 'pelanty'

As much as Sutton is a biased tool, he at least could say the word "penalty" properly. Something an ex professional player now working on TV should manage pretty well you'd think.

Hartson has somehow managed a career in the game thinking the word is 'pelanty'

See also; Waddle, Chris

although he seems to think it's "penlanty". Might explain why he missed his against West Germany in 1990...

Kari Arnason interviewed on Sky about beating Tims. Last question from interviewer to him was did he think Celtic playing on a Thursday would help Aberdeen challenge he replied "I hope so. Once a Don always a Don."

Always liked that guy.

https://twitter.com/Sean_MC_09/status/636426547860242432/video/1

Maybe he's angling for a move back...... Sadly probably not but I would have him back in a heartbeat.

Surely he'll get fined by the SFA for bad mouthing the officials, as much as I agree with him. Haven't seen it, but it doesn't sounds like canning disagrees with him

It was total bollocks.  Patterson kicked the ground, tripped, and fell over into the guy.

Collum was standing right in front of it, presumably with restricted view on account of his head being up his arse.

Welsh apparently ranked 9th in the world. First time they have ever been above Englandshire

Wales - 9th

England - 10th  ???

Scotland - 31st

Northern Ireland - 41st

Eire - 51st

Depending on results both Wales & Iceland could qualify for the finals next week

England fans on Fezbook going into a hun like meltdown. Hilarious!  Amazed they are still as high as they are!

Massive two games coming up Friday 2pm il be on it  :rofl:kick off 5pm

A few of the lurkers / posters on here are over for the game.  One has already spewed  ;D  :wave:

Wales taking a massive step towards qualification with 1-0 win in Cyprus. Meanwhile Iceland as good as guarantee Dutch will have to get through via 3rd place play off at best. Currently 8 behind Iceland and 6 behind the Czechs. Massive game in Instanbul on Sunday as Turks are only a point behind them.