Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

The real test to this trend is when the following appear outside stadiums

Cardiff/Swansea

Newcastle/Sunderland

Millwall/West Ham

To be fair, Millwall have fuck all fans left and come from what could be a different country (their fans look like no other people I've seen in the UK before)  so it may be acceptable ;)

Man United get knocked out by 'boro at home in the league cup. Didn't watch it, but some of the live texters were complaining the possession game was boring and at least moysey was interesting to watch, even in defeat. It's not the most exciting campaign, reminds me a bit of JC who used to claim he liked teams to play, but never really saw much evidence of it. I'm sure JC is buds with him anyway.

Man United get knocked out by 'boro at home in the league cup. Didn't watch it, but some of the live texters were complaining the possession game was boring and at least moysey was interesting to watch, even in defeat. It's not the most exciting campaign, reminds me a bit of JC who used to claim he liked teams to play, but never really saw much evidence of it. I'm sure JC is buds with him anyway.

I must have missed that game!  Moyes' team was pretty horrid to watch. Very laboured, little pace.

Much like LVG's team, now I think about it...

Good observations guys.

Not that I give a fuck about Man U but I like to read comments that make me stop and think.

Moyes team was "laboured" and had "little pace" was noted.

Not that I gave a big enough fuck to study his team but very interesting.

An idiot - and I should know because I almost did it too - might think that these two aspects of performance, particularly the lack of pace is totally down to the players and that we can't possibly blame the manager for this.

Putting aside the obvious - that the manager recruits and selects the players - the manager is totally responsible for the overall performance. Moyes knew deep down that he had maximised his own capabilities at Everton. He didn't have the belief that he was one of the world's great managers, worthy of the gig at one of the world's big institutional clubs. It was like he got catapulted from division 3 of the manager league to the top of the premier division. He probably only got the job because of Ferguson, who's own weaknesses include blindness in loyalty with certain people (ruthlessly not with others being one of his greatest strengths) and a touch of stubborn narcissism in that he knows best in everything (his absolute conviction and self belief again being the yin to the yang, another key quality that made him the very best).

Moyes' team performances, like every other team in the history of the game, couldn't do anything but reflect aspects of the managers personality. If they were laboured and not injected with pace, not having the free abandon, enthusiasm and confidence which comes with belief in the manager, their tactics, their team mates and themselves, of course it's going to look slow and deliberate.

Moyes couldn't believe his luck and he didn't believe in himself. That's why he was more concerned with not losing and not making mistakes. He never believed he was the best and never gave his team the belief that they were.

And yet some unobservant ignorants say that we are not qualified because we don't work in football, and bury their heads in the sand rather than discuss Derek McInnes? Moyes was at least closer to the premier division of managerial talent. McInnes will never get close to the third division. Calderwood would have been relegated from the Isthmian conference type league (or whatever it was called) and would eventually have found his level with amateurs, where his managerial "skills" would have brought him zero pay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34800672

'Uefa referee officer Hugh Dallas says Scottish officials remain among the best in Europe.'

'"We've got some really good referees in Scotland. They can stand up with the best referees in Europe."

Scotland's Willie Collum and Craig Thomson, plus England's Martin Atkinson and Mark Clattenburg, are among the European governing body's group of 29 elite referees.

:tumbleweed:

Scottish refs are shit and always have been as far as I can recall.

Dallas himself was an officious wank.

There are reasons why Scots in particular make for bad referees.

Not that I could be arsed explaining it right now for any ignorant who fails to comprehend this truth.

So let's just agree that Scottish referees are pure dead shite byrawayhen.