Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Had watched the Leverkusen - Dortmund game earlier, Dortmund had won a free kick in their own half, took it quickly, broke up the park and scored. Leverkusen were livid that the free kick appeared to be soft but also that the kick was taken 5 yards from where the offence took place.

The Leverkusen manager, Schmidt, was giving the ref a hard time from the side of the park and the ref told the 4th official to send Schmidt to the stand. Schmidt wouldn't go unless the ref sent him off in person so the ref walked off.

Eventually the game re-started and the coach went to the stands. But not a glorious moment for the ref, should have been a lot stronger.

The Leverkusen manager, Schmidt, was giving the ref a hard time from the side of the park and the ref told the 4th official to send Schmidt to the stand. Schmidt wouldn't go unless the ref sent him off in person so the ref walked off.

Eventually the game re-started and the coach went to the stands. But not a glorious moment for the ref, should have been a lot stronger.

BBC now saying the Ref told Levekusen's captain to tell his manager he had been sent off. If true it makes the situation even worse.

Yesterday's 'Off the ball' was quite interesting with Michael Stewart and Charlie Richmond as guests. Richmond defended Willie Collum as a ref but not as a person.

BBC now saying the Ref told Levekusen's captain to tell his manager he had been sent off. If true it makes the situation even worse.

Yesterday's 'Off the ball' was quite interesting with Michael Stewart and Charlie Richmond as guests. Richmond defended Willie Collum as a ref but not as a person.

Richmond has been quite an interesting guest on OTB in the past. He has claimed that if you're not in a 'top' profession you have no chance of moving up the ladder - kind of suggests if you're not a mason etc etc. Collum is a fucking awful ref though, so has clearly got this one wrong...

Richmond has been quite an interesting guest on OTB in the past. He has claimed that if you're not in a 'top' profession you have no chance of moving up the ladder - kind of suggests if you're not a mason etc etc. Collum is a fucking awful ref though, so has clearly got this one wrong...

Being a ref is a fairly thankless task a lot of the time so I try not to ref bash too much despite being highly frustrated by the growing level of incompetence in Scottish referee's in general.  Collum is indefensible though.  He's so awful so often, that he's going to the euro's would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.  Ironically though he may do so badly at a euro's game that the international spotlight on him will force the SFA to act.  The only thing you can say in his defence is that he's not mike hun cunt mccurry

Being a ref is a fairly thankless task a lot of the time so I try not to ref bash too much despite being highly frustrated by the growing level of incompetence in Scottish referee's in general.  Collum is indefensible though.  He's so awful so often, that he's going to the euro's would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.  Ironically though he may do so badly at a euro's game that the international spotlight on him will force the SFA to act.  The only thing you can say in his defence is that he's not mike hun cunt mccurry

He's every bit as bad as McCurry and maybe even worse. I kind of hope he makes a massive fuck up of any Euro 2016 match he officiates so that his refereeing career dies.

He's every bit as bad as McCurry and maybe even worse. I kind of hope he makes a massive fuck up of any Euro 2016 match he officiates so that his refereeing career dies.

I actually think his consistent level of fuck up's makes him even worse than McCurry.

Got to wonder what the real cause of our inability to produce decent referees in this country is  :dunno:

I disagree, mccurry was worse because he had a rangers agenda. Collum is incompetent but I don't think he's bent

Having read your post, I am going to change my view. You are right to highlight the difference between incompetence and corrupt. One thing we can all agree upon though is that they are both shite referees !

Has Oxlade-Chaimberlain stopped rolling yet? Could be an untapped source of free energy? :rofl:

Anyway, how on earth does anyone (and I'm including Wenger and pundits here) expect the Arse to win the CL with a squad not good enough to have won the EPL yet? The much vaunted Ramsey, Walcott, Wellbeck, Wilshere, O-C etc just aren't good enough (yes I realize there are injury issues here).

Has Oxlade-Chaimberlain stopped rolling yet? Could be an untapped source of free energy? :rofl:

Anyway, how on earth does anyone (and I'm including Wenger and pundits here) expect the Arse to win the CL with a squad not good enough to have won the EPL yet? The much vaunted Ramsey, Walcott, Wellbeck, Wilshere, O-C etc just aren't good enough (yes I realize there are injury issues here).

Add Giroud to that list MBT.  The guy is never good enough for where Arsenal want to be.