Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

You guys are harsh.

That Rotherham Finn was amazing today. His very first save was a sign. He rode a bubble of confidence all the way through to saving the first two pens and he never made a mistake all day. Fantastic goalkeeping performance.

The last time I saw an excellent AFC GK performance at Pittodrie was a VERY long time ago.

I'll ignore the implied insult that I'm so stupid not to recognise his "playing style" and ask you simply to look at results.

To consider the failed Irishman in the same breath is a huge insult to Bett.

No insult at all meant. We all see different things in players, all like different things in players and teams, insulting you was absolutely not meant.

Completely agree that Bett was superior by some way, just again that their styles agitate people (to differing degrees)

Given that I'm sure we can agree that there are many stupid people on the planet, and a slightly higher proportion within the ranks of football supporters, I don't think we need to regress to the lowest denominators and consider what and how the retards think about anything, let alone how they view any footballer, let alone Bett and McGinn.

Beckenbauer was the king of stressless composure. Nobody made the mistake of misinterpreting his value.

No insult at all meant. We all see different things in players, all like different things in players and teams, insulting you was absolutely not meant.

Completely agree that Bett was superior by some way, just again that their styles agitate people (to differing degrees)

Let's forget about what other people think. Let's summarise what we think.

I say that McGinn doesn't possess a winner mentality.

The talent v. work ethic debate has already been won.

He needs to be punted if we have any ambition to win the league.

McInnes should have benched him around the time of the 1-0 away win at St Mirren.

Part of McGinn's problem is poor management.

Let's forget about what other people think. Let's summarise what we think.

I say that McGinn doesn't possess a winner mentality.

He's not alone in that and to single him out for it is harsh considering what he has done for us.  We have a squad full of guys who have achieved little in the game. McGinn, at least, has talent - getting the talent to shine through is the issue, and that's where McInnes has to earn his money.

He's not alone in that and to single him out for it is harsh considering what he has done for us.  We have a squad full of guys who have achieved little in the game. McGinn, at least, has talent - getting the talent to shine through is the issue, and that's where McInnes has to earn his money.

I'm not singling him out. I already said I would only keep six. He's one of many that isn't good enough.

I was seeking to bring an ongoing debate to some sort of progression, if not conclusion.

We already agree that he has talent and I've already said that McInnes has failed McGinn.

He needed a kick up the arse and being benched for a while, that time being in McInnes's first half season.

The fact he stuck by him might have been admirable and good man-management if it worked.

But it didn't. McGinn is still incapable of delivering desire and commitment on a consistent basis.

That's still no excuse for any major abuse he may receive. Not that I've heard this from the terraces.

Finished 2-1. Barca now only picked 1 point of 12. Something going horribly wrong in Catalonia.

Quite amusing really. Would love it if they got pipped to the title

Spurs currently one up at Stoke. Nice finish from kane for the goal. Would love them to do it. Shame that it's the same season as Leicester.

Charlie Adam looks like he's been training hard this past while.

Unfortunately the training's been for man vs food.

Fat cunt.

Nae need to call him fat, the second word of your description has always been sufficient

Nae need to call him fat, the second word of your description has always been sufficient

Objection your honour.

I feel that it is imperative to leap to the defence of the cunt description.

Tonight I sent a text to a coach and asked him if one of his charges "has enough cunt about him"?

Over 20 years ago in Melbourne, possibly nearly 25 years ago, we had the pleasure of a young New Zealander join us for a couple of weeks on the golf course. He was different league from us. He played for his country at Boys level and was +2. We were all hacking about at 3 and 4 handicap.

Johnny, one of our regular four asked me what I thought of Dave. I was gushing in my response and somewhat puzzled and deflated when Johnny said "yeah yeah but he's not got enough cunt about him".

It took more than ten years later to recognise the truth of his assessment.

To be a winner, to achieve in anything, you need a LOT of cunt about you. Winners are ruthless. Doesn't make them nice people necessarily. Only a small minority of high achievers are well balanced, rounded individuals. Johnny was totally correct. I was just too young in my late 20's to recognise it.

English Championship very tasty with only 2 weeks to go

1 Burnley            44 33 87

2 Middlesbrough 44 32 87

3 Brighton          44 30 87

Remaining fixtures

Birmingham vs Middlesborough

Brighton vs Derby

Burnley vs QPR

Middlesborough vs Brighton  :o

Charlton vs Burnley

English Championship very tasty with only 2 weeks to go

1 Burnley            44 33 87

2 Middlesbrough 44 32 87

3 Brighton          44 30 87

Remaining fixtures

Birmingham vs Middlesborough

Brighton vs Derby

Burnley vs QPR

Middlesborough vs Brighton  :o

Charlton vs Burnley

Christ that's an easy end for Burnley if they need it.