Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Would be fantastic if spurs managed it but cant see it, Leicester have been so consistent and that was quite a resounding victory today!

None of us up here are wanting anything other than the fairytale Leicester to be champions.

You must have a soft spot for the Spurs, I think.

Or maybe you're an evil Jew, or you work for the bastards in the corrupt financial services sector?

None of us up here are wanting anything other than the fairytale Leicester to be champions.

You must have a soft spot for the Spurs, I think.

Or maybe you're an evil Jew, or you work for the bastards in the corrupt financial services sector?

Haha I do have a soft spot for spurs and seeing them do one over the gooners would bring me great pleasure. To see them not only finish above them but win it would be brilliant. Been greatly impressed with how they've run their club and have a great mix of academy product as well as imported talent. Shame it's the same year as Leicester.

I understand distaste for gooners.

I loved the old Highbury. My first game there was Arsenal v. Spurs 1-1 in the early 70's.

But the Emirates is cold, dehumanised and sanitised.

The perfect environment for the arse who is Arsene, quite frankly.

But Spurs, no, I detest them. It would be a disaster if they won the EPL in my lifetime.

I understand distaste for gooners.

I loved the old Highbury. My first game there was Arsenal v. Spurs 1-1 in the early 70's.

But the Emirates is cold, dehumanised and sanitised.

The perfect environment for the arse who is Arsene, quite frankly.

But Spurs, no, I detest them. It would be a disaster if they won the EPL in my lifetime.

This. So much OTT love-in for them and Kane and Alli it's spoils my enjoyment of watching the EPL as a genuine neutral 90% of the time (still always root against Chelsea).

This. So much OTT love-in for them and Kane and Alli it's spoils my enjoyment of watching the EPL as a genuine neutral 90% of the time (still always root against Chelsea).

Alli is some player though. You can't begrudge him the praise he's getting this season surely? He's been superb.

Alli is some player though. You can't begrudge him the praise he's getting this season surely? He's been superb.

I have enjoyed watching Spurs more than I have Leicester. Seeing young talent like they have come through has been good to see. Alli's goal against Palace was one of the goals of the season.

Alli and Kane are awesome talents and impossible not to enjoy.

The stupidity of the FA and their appointed muppet Hodgson means that he won't start the two of them this summer and will insist on taking Rooney in the squad.

The flogging of the dying horse scene in Catch 22 comes to mind.

:rofl: very true and great read.

Boro robbed of 3 points tonight at St Andrews. Ridiculous offside decision rules out goal that would have put them 3 up.

Only got to see part of the 2nd half but they never seemed to get their act together.

Given how Birmingham played though I wouldn't have been surprised had they just gone up the other end and equalised.

Spurs have hibs'd it tonight.

To be fair given the numerous spells of complete ill discipline it's hard to feel sorry for them too, couple of nasty challenges & kicks. Dembele  is very lucky to be on the pitch after half time.  I can imagine he's in for a ban after gouging someone's eyes...

To be honest I'm amazed there's not been a red yet, there should have been a couple.

Spurs have been utterly disgraceful tonight. Even against a Chelsea team that it's remarkably easy to hate Spurs have been shockingly dirty.

I'm sure there's a lot of people will make it out to be frustration at throwing it away but it really wasn't, it was going on all game. That ill discipline has cost them the league.

The eye gouging was gay. Lovely goal from Hazard to equalise.

Edit: that challenge at the end (Dyer I think?) was a dirty hack. Worse than Lasley's effort at the weekend.

Aye he had a couple of them in the second half, amazed he wasn't sent off.

Just watched the spurts game on DVR not knowing the result, never been so happy for a Chelsea win, spurts were a disgrace and should have been down to 9 (if not 8). I can't remember the last time I laughed so much

You watched the wrong game, pal.