Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Very happy for Leicester, truly amazing. Spurs fucked it last week but it's a shame that they couldn't make Leicester have to beat Chelsea on the weekend to win it. I have no doubt that they would have still done it.

Even if Spurs had won last night Leicester would only have had to beat Everton at home on Saturday to win it.

Even if Spurs had won last night Leicester would only have had to beat Everton at home on Saturday to win it.

Ah right, thought they were playing Chelsea next. Everton would have been  fairly routine given the way they are playing.

Thoroughly enjoyable game at the boleyn ground for its last game.

I had never heard Upton Park described as that my whole life until last night.

It was like they were all on a mission to rename it after the event, which I don't understand.

Fuck West Ham. Horrible club, stealing from the tax payer and throwing bottles at the bus.

I can't stand Man U either but I wouldn't turn into an uncivilised criminal about it.

Souness was right. Imprison the cunts.

I had never heard Upton Park described as that my whole life until last night.

It was like they were all on a mission to rename it after the event, which I don't understand.

Really? I've heard it hunners of times, and I don't really follow the EPL. Admittedly, I did have a stint as a West Ham fan in my school days when it was popular to choose an English team. It's certainly not a new thing, I've heard it heaps on MOTD (usually thon Motson fuck) when I've been arsed watching it over the years. To be honest, how often do you hear Upton Park mentioned at all? It's probably just because they're moving that you're hearing it so often. I expect there's an element of journalists not wanting to use the same name over and over, instead they're varying it a little to be a bit more interesting - or perhaps an attempt to give the ground more gravitas. Interesting, sort of.

Always known it as both of them.  Was always called the Boleyn Ground due to a manor house where it was located.  It only got known as Upton Park because some people started referring to the local tube station.  Apparently the club wanted to make sure it was known for it's correct name in the final seasons.

It took me half a dozen references last night to realise what the hell they were talking about. I kept hearing "bowling" and didn't know what the fuck was going on until a caption came up with Boleyn.

At least it's better than a stadium named after the sponsor, which really grinds my goat.

They're still stealing tax payers money the cunts, enabled by the corrupt politicians. And Call Me Dave had the audacity yesterday to claim that Nigeria or some fucking where was riddled with corruption.

Blair gets paid whatever a PM gets paid and one year out of office is worth £50m? It would have taken him 8 or 9 years on a PM salary back then to earn £1m. I wonder how that happened? And who NEEDS £50m? Imagine the negligible difference to his standard of living if he had half of that? And what might have been done with the other half?