Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

By fecking christ will someone take that bloody trumpet off that fan standing near the BBC radio commentators for the Rep. Ireland - Wales match or i'm going to get a fast flight over there and ram it up his arse as he emerges from the stadium

Any good? My folks are over and they love a bit of.the old Red nose day...

I was listening to it on the BBC site to see if they would give "Jonathan" Hayes a run out, but missed the last bit, and started on the heart palpitations when i came back and read the text visible on the screen:

Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill on Sky Sports: “It's a bad break. He's a fantastic player and character. It’s a major blow for the lad, his club and us.

"Apparently it wasn’t the best challenge in the world – I haven’t seen it. He's gone to hospital. I saw his reaction immediately and it didn’t look good. He was holding is leg up and it didn't look good.

I know its the 'diddy' cup final and its been given a shit kick-off time but I still think it is a sad sign that two of Scottish footballs reasonably big teams cannot muster up 13,742 fans between them.

I went to the 2013 final with my QOS supporting mates and that was a sell out in both ends.

Still don't understand why Fir Park is one of the preferred venues for this final.

Good game so far -  1-1 (2 goals in the space of 1min)

That is a shockingly low attendance for a cup final! Given the Arabs don't have much to cheer about. Guess that sums the Arabs up though.

Off the ball mentioned the traffic issues and seemingly people were texting them about requesting a delay to the kick off but the officials at the game say there wasn't even a suggestion from the teams.

The issues with the construction works on the major roads around Motherwell and Hamilton have been well documented for at least the last 6months (probably even longer) so anyone who was driving should have made allowances and planned to arrive in Motherwell much earlier. It may not be the nicest place in Scotland but sitting in a Starbucks or Costa beats sitting on the Raith Interchange.

In saying that given the upper tier of the 'away' stand was closed it means the Arabs allocation was only 5,376 with  St Mirrens being 5,873. Whether or not the upper tier was deliberately shut to make it a fair split St Mirrens allocation looked close to a sell out whilst there were big gaps in the United sections.

Off the ball mentioned the traffic issues and seemingly people were texting them about requesting a delay to the kick off but the officials at the game say there wasn't even a suggestion from the teams.

The issues with the construction works on the major roads around Motherwell and Hamilton have been well documented for at least the last 6months (probably even longer) so anyone who was driving should have made allowances and planned to arrive in Motherwell much earlier. It may not be the nicest place in Scotland but sitting in a Starbucks or Costa beats sitting on the Raith Interchange.

In saying that given the upper tier of the 'away' stand was closed it means the Arabs allocation was only 5,376 with  St Mirrens being 5,873. Whether or not the upper tier was deliberately shut to make it a fair split St Mirrens allocation looked close to a sell out whilst there were big gaps in the United sections.

Fir Park seems like an odd location for a final, bit of a pain to get to for more fans I would have thought?  Still, folk could easily have factored the traffic in. Shame really, as you say, two reasonable sized teams should have attracted more.

I see Holland slipped up against Bulgaria last night, with their 17 year old Mattijs de Ligt making his debut (youngest player since the 1930's).  The Dutch press were all over him in the build up this week.  Seems like he had a bit of a horror show.  Holland just cannot get it right at the mo, seem to have caught a bit of Englanditis where ego's overpower actual ambition and team unity.