Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Thon Shalk is an absolute cheating cunt. Why refs aren't going into games completely aware of his diving is unbelievable. He was throwing himself to the floor every two minutes against us. Do refs not watch videos, or take lessons from other SPL games, or is that nae covered in their ÂŁ1000 per game. Nae homework as it were.

Obviously, fuck the tims in a' that.

Well, well. Brown actually got sent off today  :o

County manage to come back to draw with the tims, finished 2-2.  all the better that it appeared to be soft last minute penalty  :rofl:

And as a result, he misses the semi against the Huns.

Oh no he doesn't...oh yeah he does..

Oh no he doesn't.

Ffs.

Terrible dive undoubtedly. Am I sympathetic? No. What about the various assaults that Craig Gordon got off with (against County if I remember correctly) or the handball decision that the Tims got against St. Johnstone. Aye it's a rough decision [/understatement] but we put up with that shite all the time against the Old Firm (and against other teams, see Thistle, Caley). And because it's the good/big club in Scotland fucking everyone is going on aboot it. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd hear fuck all.

And it's an absolute farce that the SFA being closed on a Monday delays an appeal hearing by a week when the appeals are usually heard on Thursdays. This country is an embarrassment.

And it's an absolute farce that the SFA being closed on a Monday delays an appeal hearing by a week when the appeals are usually heard on Thursdays. This country is an embarrassment.

It's an interesting one like. I wonder if it is deliberately done this way so a player doesn't miss a semi in general, or if it has been done with the knowledge that it was a hun/tim semi and they were covering themselves in case one from either team was sent off. If it's the former, then I sort of sympathise with it. In my opinion, a league sending off shouldn't transpose to the cup, but a cup should transpose to the league if the suspended player's team are knocked out or if the remaining number of rounds doesn't cover a suspension (i.e. if a player is sent off in the semi with a two match suspension with one round remaining, they should miss a single league match too). It's a different competition, and players should be given every chance to play in that competition.

I guarantee that whichever team gets through to the final against the jungles (the huns have nae hope in my opinion) they'll suffer a similar fate with different results in their final league game.

My suspicion is that they just took this in because it is Scott Brown and the tims (they would have done the same for the hun captain like).

Right, I've just watched a clip of the Brown sending off.

Celtic should be taken to the cleaners if they appeal this.

Typical Brown temper.

Suspect they are only appealing it as the appeals board doesnt meet till the end of the month.

Lodging the appeal now means brown can face sevco twice.

Suspect they are only appealing it as the appeals board doesnt meet till the end of the month.

Lodging the appeal now means brown can face sevco twice.

Is that normal? Or is it just being done because they don't want to "ruin the spectacle" of their beloved scum games, so they've taken any decisions out of the frame? It seems very strange that they can't arrange one day per week, every week, for an entire season. I guess we'll never get a journalist asking the question so we'll never know.

Is that normal? Or is it just being done because they don't want to "ruin the spectacle" of their beloved scum games, so they've taken any decisions out of the frame? It seems very strange that they can't arrange one day per week, every week, for an entire season. I guess we'll never get a journalist asking the question so we'll never know.

They announced the date changes due to Easter before the games occurred, so it's a bit unfair to say that they are manipulating the system to benefit the tribute-firm - this would (presumably) have been the case for any team appealing this week, it just happened to be Celtic.

On the plus side, if it's a two game ban, doesn't that mean he misses the Aberdeen-Celtic game instead?  Or a meringue?

They announced the date changes due to Easter before the games occurred, so it's a bit unfair to say that they are manipulating the system to benefit the tribute-firm - this would (presumably) have been the case for any team appealing this week, it just happened to be Celtic.

On the plus side, if it's a two game ban, doesn't that mean he misses the Aberdeen-Celtic game instead?  Or a meringue?

Nae sure like, probably miss our game, or they'll downgrade to a booking because it's Scott Brown and the ref didnae ken the rules.

I was wondering if it was normal though? I'm not suggesting they changed the rules afterwards, I was suggesting that when deciding to re-schedule their easter meetings, they looked at the fixture list and saw a cup semi final weekend - including a scum game - and thought it might be easier to postpone the appeals process so that any team (including Aberdeen and the HIVs) could avoid having an important player missing for such an important weekend. For what it's worth, I don't think league suspensions should carry to the cup (but cup should to league if the team gets knocked out).

Bollocks min.

ALWAYS want the hun to lose.

Anyway, which side do you reckon Christie will want to win the cup?

If ( god forbid) we lose the final, he'll be in the Tims dressing room drinking champagne.

Serious question, if as now looks certain we're playing the JJs in the final, do we want Christie around our training in the run up?

Another question, if Christie hangs around fr the remainder of his loan, will he end up with winner and runners up medals in both the League and the Scottish Cup?

Nae sure how many games he'd have to play to get them.

Serious question, if as now looks certain we're playing the JJs in the final, do we want Christie around our training in the run up?

Not an issue really is it? He'll go back to the tims after the last league game. Up until that point, any tactics etc. will be obvious from how we approach the league games up to that point. I don't imagine McInnes throwing up any tactical shocks in the final anyway.

However, I don't see the benefit to him being here beyond finishing second in the league, unless we can get an agreement to sign him permanently, so I'd send him back if we win our next two games.