Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Anyone happen to know how tall the Syrian national team is?

Forced to play all their home games in Malaysia with fuck all funding or facilities and yet they managed to get out of their groups and the Aussies needed extra time and a red card to finally put them out.

They must all be 7ft tall

I have a feeling that Norn Irn will draw the Republic in the play offs thus guaranteeing that Ireland will have representation in Russia...

Sure I read somewhere that they were being kept apart.

Surely not I hear you say, corruption in FIFA...surely not  ;)

Actually all joking aside it will be because the draw will be seeded that they can't draw one another ;)

Are you watching SFA?

Final game of an unsuccessful qualifying campaign for Hungary tonight.

Fareo Islands at home.

I only decided to come over on Saturday so couldn’t get a ticket.

The reason?

HUF 1000 to get in

That’s just under £3.00

Actually I could have paid more for the executive seats but it’s a shite game against the Faroe Islands.

It is a shite game, 0-0 coming up to half time.

Still, 15,000 seats at £3.00

Are you watching SFA?

Final game of an unsuccessful qualifying campaign for Hungary tonight.

Fareo Islands at home.

I only decided to come over on Saturday so couldn’t get a ticket.

The reason?

HUF 1000 to get in

That’s just under £3.00

Actually I could have paid more for the executive seats but it’s a shite game against the Faroe Islands.

It is a shite game, 0-0 coming up to half time.

Still, 15,000 seats at £3.00

Three fucking quid you say DD  :thumbsup:

Christ what did the SFA charge for the Malta game......£38 was it  ::)

No usa in the World Cup. 12 points in 10 games against panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Honduras, Mexico, and Costa Rica. Us are as bad as us.

That's not going to go down well, I read somewhere that Fox paid $400M for the rights to show the World Cup and now no U.S. in the tournament.  Arena will probably get his jotters now as well.  Wonder how this will affect the MLS?

For anyone who doesn't understand the value of formations, strategy and tactics, check out the fascinating encounter between Liverpool and Man U. 28 minutes in and it's all about the shape of the away team. Mourinho is missing some big players and is happy for Liverpool to have most of the ball. He knows his team will make chances and the fact that this is going to be decided by individual mistakes or individual pieces of brilliance is testament to how well he's set out his stall.

Having survived some great attacking play by Liverpool in the last third of the first half - Coutinho and Salah especially being very dangerous - Lukaku squandered the best chance of the game.

Liverpool showing great flair and imagination going forward but unable to score yet, thanks to a world-class reaction from De Gea. Get on this game. Highly unpredictable and fascinatingly poised.

For anyone who doesn't understand the value of formations, strategy and tactics, check out the fascinating encounter between Liverpool and Man U. 28 minutes in and it's all about the shape of the away team. Mourinho is missing some big players and is happy for Liverpool to have most of the ball. He knows his team will make chances and the fact that this is going to be decided by individual mistakes or individual pieces of brilliance is testament to how well he's set out his stall.

Which is where the Lukaku problem comes in.

Always been a flat track bully.  United have pretty much played no one of note this season. As soon as they play a bigger team away from home Lukaku is absolutely anonymous, misses the one fantastic chance he has and generally proves to be a wasted jersey.

It's like Billy Dodds.  He would score in most games, if he had 8 chances in those games.  And he would score the most obscure chance of the lot. And it would puzzle you as you left the ground.  But by the time you were home and even before Sportscene was on, you would realise he was a lucky wee shite and actually pretty crap and what the fuck was Duncan Shearer doing on the bench anyway....?

Which is where the Lukaku problem comes in.

Always been a flat track bully.  United have pretty much played no one of note this season. As soon as they play a bigger team away from home Lukaku is absolutely anonymous, misses the one fantastic chance he has and generally proves to be a wasted jersey.

It's like Billy Dodds.  He would score in most games, if he had 8 chances in those games.  And he would score the most obscure chance of the lot. And it would puzzle you as you left the ground.  But by the time you were home and even before Sportscene was on, you would realise he was a lucky wee shite and actually pretty crap and what the fuck was Duncan Shearer doing on the bench anyway....?

Interesting analysis and nostalgic for me too. Because I despised Dodds.

But yes, Man U have looked good this season... against nobody.

Although with Woy's Boys beating Chelski today, maybe there are no nobodys?

The second that the eyetie bitch of the Russian Jew admitted to the Italian journalist that he wanted to go home, that spelled his end. Conte bell-end.

Liverpool were far superior today but weren't good enough to score. Ashley Young was so pedestrian.

Och I think you boys are being a little harsh on Dodd's.  He was a decent enough striker and had a knack for scoring important goals. I wasn't gutted when he left right enough but he had his moments.

I'll always remember Dodds with a bit of fondness for the 95 league cup semi against the huns.  That was the day I truly fell in love with football.  The bounce for the second was as good as I have ever been in.

Maybe I'm being a bit dumb here but W.T F?

Conte told an Italian journalist that it was a matter of time before he returned to management in Italy. This was about a month ago. That was a huge mistake in my opinion. His focus may be at his current employer but his karma isn’t in the right place and I think that may have been a fatal mistake.

To the other, Italy is one of two fav places in the world and I love women. I do have a problem with ONE Russian Jew however and the way in which he accumulated his wealth in particular.