Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

šŸ† Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

I donā€™t think Italy and Scotland are comparable, in any way.

Ā 

On more pertinent matters, Iran ?? won and Saudi Arabia ?? got beat.

Ā 

Is this a harbinger for impending doom and if so, who shall be the doomers and who shall be the doomees?

Ā 

In the fans hopes and expectations of reaching a World Cup, they were once.

Ā 

You getting it now?

Ā 

Ā 

SSN have claimed Scotland have approached Michael O'Neill about the managers position.

Ā 

It would be an intriguing appointment, hopefully he'd actually look at the scottish leagues more than the wee ginger cunt did.

Ā 

Build up for the Peru-NZ game is pretty big.Ā  For a country that doesn't really know much about football and lives in the shadows of the best rugby team in the world, plenty of folk are talking about it.

Ā 

Peru fans set off fireworks last night outside the team hotel, a shaman has cursed the all whites and the military did a fly by at dawn over their hotelĀ  ;DĀ  Shame I'm not in Peru for this game, their build up is insane.Ā  The government have said that if they qualify for the WC, the 18th will be a national holiday in Peru.

It would be an intriguing appointment, hopefully he'd actually look at the scottish leagues more than the wee ginger cunt did.

Ā 

Build up for the Peru-NZ game is pretty big.Ā  For a country that doesn't really know much about football and lives in the shadows of the best rugby team in the world, plenty of folk are talking about it.

Ā 

Peru fans set off fireworks last night outside the team hotel, a shaman has cursed the all whites and the military did a fly by at dawn over their hotelĀ  ;DĀ  Shame I'm not in Peru for this game, their build up is insane.Ā  The government have said that if they qualify for the WC, the 18th will be a national holiday in Peru.

Ā 

Peru win 2-0 to qualify for first World Cup in 35 years.

Moyes doesnā€™t help himself. Him saying that West Am have got a good manager might be an admirable statement of self confidence in his mind but he wasnā€™t a popular choice before he made an arse of himself, and given his record in recent years, heā€™s not as good as he thinks he is. Classic setting up for a fall type behaviour.

Moyes doesnā€™t help himself. Him saying that West Am have got a good manager might be an admirable statement of self confidence in his mind but he wasnā€™t a popular choice before he made an arse of himself, and given his record in recent years, heā€™s not as good as he thinks he is. Classic setting up for a fall type behaviour.

Ā 

Can't believe he doesn't think it's his last opportunity with a top team. Obviously he wouldn't admit this publicly but I don't doubt he believes it.

Can't believe he doesn't think it's his last opportunity with a top team. Obviously he wouldn't admit this publicly but I don't doubt he believes it.

Ā 

I was half watching the game yesterday and West Am were so bad. Gomes made a couple of miracle saves just before HT but Watford were always going to win. They could well get relegated under Moyes. Gold and Brady have bought bad luck. Moyes and that thick fuck ā€œpsychoā€ were possibly paedos in their previous lives or maybe they tortured cats.

Equally, I'm sure some rocket will pop up to claim that gulfs in spending power are meaningless and they just didn't want it enough.

Ā 

Hurting? You weak as piss ignorant cunt.

Ā 

What you donā€™t understand - because you donā€™t work with successful people, including multimillionaires in sport - is the differences between the best and the rest. Many of my clients make a good living, a very good living including many being worth 1 or 2m+ but theyā€™re not superstars. Some of my other clients are ā€œsuperstarsā€, financially secure for life before 30 years of age in many cases. The difference between the best and the rest are very small, tiny incremental marginal fractional gains. The nature of these can be analysed to death but the bottom line is known, it is the desire to work harder and work smarter than the rest.

Ā 

The boy at Auxerre never had money. Leicester never had money. That guy who ran AFC in the 80ā€™s never had money.

Ā 

But you decide itā€™s ALL about money? Thatā€™s the biggest cop out in history.

Ā 

Celtic got thrashed because theyā€™re shite compared to the best in Europe. They thrash AFC every single year because we are shite compared to Celtic. Money is a massive influence, of course it is, nobody other than a fool would deny this. But only a thick cunt would limit his horizons in exploring all options and even worse, a fucking arsehole who holds grudges and continuously demonstrates these personal insecurities is hard to entertain, particularly when he has zero experience in this field.

Pretty sure I remember plain old AF as he was then saying the hardest working pro he'd ever seen was Ian Porteous

Ā 

Goes to show.....

Ā 

Great point MBT but I would argue that it doesnā€™t actually ā€œshowā€ anything at all.

Ā 

If we examine data sets big enough - which is my job - there will always be outliers and exceptions. Porteous produced his moment of magic at Hampden when we played the cunts. If he hadnā€™t worked as hard as he did, he possibly wouldnā€™t have been good enough to start for Kincorth.

"shows" that just being the hardest working player doesn't actually mean anything, other than if you're a lazy shite you'll probably amount to fuck-all?

Ā 

Iā€™ve done 30,000 hours of bespoke analysis in this field plus 50 years experience in sport.

Ā 

The talent v. work ethic debate has been closed but by fuck it was an interesting journey.

Iā€™ve done 30,000 hours of bespoke analysis in this field plus 50 years experience in sport.

Ā 

The talent v. work ethic debate has been closed but by fuck it was an interesting journey.

Ā 

Interesting, fit was the answer? Surely talent is just a function of hard work? Just whether that hard work was front loaded in the early years as part of development, it would be classed as innate talent? In other words, there's no such thing as "talent" per say, it's just an accumulation of experience and physical/biological traits over a period of time? Nobody is born an amazing passer, like Kenny McLean or John Inglis, they just spent many an hour in their younger years perfecting those skills. I've nae idea like, I'm just guessing, you've done the research.

Ā 

In terms of money though, it is obvious. In the modern game, both hard-work and "talent" are bought and paid for. From the highlights, it was noticeable that the players were chasing that ball down all over the park. I don't believe that those players were doing that because of a huge amount of managerial input, rather they were bought and paid for because they had that work-ethic attribute in abundance hence their existing stature in the game. Given the "measurability" of player attributes these days and the amount of money available to certain teams, it's easier to buy success in yer respective pool of teams. Buying Neymar at that level is no different to buying someone like Armstrong at SPL level. Armstrong was bought with his existing attributes of skill and obvious work ethic that were greater than the rest at his level. It's why Rodgers has such an easy job. Which, for some reason, bought him the space to say "we'll maybe lose 5-0" before getting absolutely tanked in McGhee-esque fashion. If money allows you to buy a player that has that strong work ethic and pre-developed talent, then it'll take a particularly shite manager to remove that. The obvious marginal gain from surrounding a player with better players is also guaranteed if you can buy better players. The question from the above pish is, I suppose, does the biggest amount of marginal gain a manager can achieve occur at purchase time? Buy well, play well as it were.

Ā 

Ā 

Hurting? You weak as piss ignorant cunt.

Ā 

Thanks for illustrating why it's pointless taking any of your numerous inane paranoid ramblings seriously.

Ā 

In terms of money though, it is obvious. In the modern game, both hard-work and "talent" are bought and paid for. From the highlights, it was noticeable that the players were chasing that ball down all over the park. I don't believe that those players were doing that because of a huge amount of managerial input, rather they were bought and paid for because they had that work-ethic attribute in abundance hence their existing stature in the game. Given the "measurability" of player attributes these days and the amount of money available to certain teams, it's easier to buy success in yer respective pool of teams. Buying Neymar at that level is no different to buying someone like Armstrong at SPL level. Armstrong was bought with his existing attributes of skill and obvious work ethic that were greater than the rest at his level. It's why Rodgers has such an easy job. Which, for some reason, bought him the space to say "we'll maybe lose 5-0" before getting absolutely tanked in McGhee-esque fashion. If money allows you to buy a player that has that strong work ethic and pre-developed talent, then it'll take a particularly shite manager to remove that. The obvious marginal gain from surrounding a player with better players is also guaranteed if you can buy better players. The question from the above pish is, I suppose, does the biggest amount of marginal gain a manager can achieve occur at purchase time? Buy well, play well as it were.

Ā 

That sounds a pretty fair assessment Rico.