Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Lukaku going some way to proving he's a flat track bully with an abysmal display against City today. Absolute murder in front of goal for United, and absolute murder defending set pieces too - but I do wonder about managers putting strikers in that last line at set pieces, asking for trouble really.

Big Sam grabs a point for the Toffees away at Anfield, how they survived for so long at 1-0 is incredible. Liverpool rinsed them.

Hibs fighting back from 2 down v the tims to get a 2-2 draw... good on them. Would never envisage the Dons doing such a thing against that lot, unfortunately.

Agree on all points B.B. Very rare for me to watch two let alone three full games on a Sunday but the weather made for an easy decision. Citeh are such talented technicians. The speed of their passing and the instant control reminded me of Barca back in the day. Loved the Hibs fightback. The diff between them getting 2 x consecutive 2-2’s v. them and us is purely down to manager mentality in my opinion.

I expect neither Hibs nor us will lose so we will still be ahead of them. Ideal if we can sneak a win to take us clear of sevco.

Let's hope so TC, let's hope so!

Interesting to see that during the second half, the average age of Hearts' midfield was 20  :o  Two 16 year olds, a 19 year old and a 29 year old.  Hearts doing things the right way, despite their off field failures.

Let's hope so TC, let's hope so!

Interesting to see that during the second half, the average age of Hearts' midfield was 20  :o  Two 16 year olds, a 19 year old and a 29 year old.  Hearts doing things the right way, despite their off field failures.

They've just completed a new stand, I think any off-field failures can be allowed at present. They seem a reasonably well run club with a large fan involvement.

However, they're playing 16 and 19 year olds because their first 11 is pap, not because they're running an amazing youth setup. It's like us playing Fyvie and Pawlett under McGhee and Brown. They were decent, but way too inconsistent to be regulars - they were just there because our first 11 was pish. Whilst McInnes is pap on bringing through youth in general, we have seen a lot of inconsistency in players like Wright, Storie, Smith etc whilst maintaining a strong league position, which sort of justifies his approach. McKenna has performed consistently and been rewarded for it. It's a catch 22 which McInnes isn't quite on the right side of I don't think, but just throwing youngsters into the team probably isn't the solution, and I fail to believe that Levein is the genius that will make it work.

Jammy Jammy Sevco Bastards.

Two sights at goal the whole first half and they go in 2-1 up.

Battered tae fuck the whole second half but somehow they hold on.

The "somehow" helped by that bastard linesman.

Standard. God was not impressed.

They’re on a run of 4 wins now, still a shitter we’ve contributed to half of it  :hammer:

amazed the junkies took nothing from that but their attacking style suited sevco hitting them on the break and by f@ck they did a smash andgrab job on them.

Sevco are always just one clusterfuck away from a revolt by their unwashed uneducated hordes. Killie will sit in against them at the weekend, lets see if they can hold it to 0-0 after an hour and watch the orcs turn on them.

anyway great result tonight for us, never saw a 3 goal win coming.

COYR

4-0

Hope to fuck Mcinnes spends this week emphasising that attitude will be important next week. For far too long we have treated the dhims like they are some sort of footballing deity and as often as not are beaten before the game even kicks off.

Get right in their faces and we have a real chance of turning them over.

Definitely would have preferred it to be us to be the ones to slay them but whatever, thank fuck it's happened anyway.

Hopefully they get their frustrations out on Partick midweek and we can give them a decent game on the weekend. Further proof of how to play them, DM take note!