Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

a tim mate of mine sent me a screen shot of a message I'd sent 8years ago, turns out the jambo's pumped them then too.

Not quite the emphatic response I was expecting from them tonight, only 2-0 against the Jags with 10 mins to go

Meanwhile in England, Bristol City are holding Man United in the Carabao cup

Nice wee cup upset at Ashton gate tonight! Apparently mourinho bolted after giving an interview to one paper  :laugh:

Bristol City seem to have made a decent recovery form the state they were when Deek inherited the reins. Hope they win the tournament :thumbsup:

Lukaku going some way to proving he's a flat track bully with an abysmal display against City today. Absolute murder in front of goal for United, and absolute murder defending set pieces too - but I do wonder about managers putting strikers in that last line at set pieces, asking for trouble really.

Lukaku again at fault as that deepest line of defence at a set piece for United.  Didn't defend it well, ball breaks for Burnley and they score.  Why can Mourinho not see this? 

But in saying that, after the home draw with Burnley he was bemoaning Man United's transfer kitty - what he has spent and what he can spend.  In fairness to him he's only spent 286m on 7 players.....  :-\ 

Lukaku again at fault as that deepest line of defence at a set piece for United.  Didn't defend it well, ball breaks for Burnley and they score.  Why can Mourinho not see this? 

But in saying that, after the home draw with Burnley he was bemoaning Man United's transfer kitty - what he has spent and what he can spend.  In fairness to him he's only spent 286m on 7 players.....  :-\

Never get this, they’re his players for the most part too. Porto aside, seems to be a money man.

Lingard is having a decent season though, good to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the second half, I thought he was a class act.

He did the things people imagine McLean does for us.

Must have had a game of two halves then as I only watched the first half and he was nowhere to be seen.

Pleased to hear he was more involved in second half though  :thumbsup:

Fartz scrape through against the cabbage in the Cup. Fairly even game played in horrible conditions so was a bit of an eyesore watching all 90 minutes. I have a feeling we will get Hearts in the upcoming draw. Dhims will get Ayr and sevco (assuming the get past Fraserburgh) will get Peterhead or Dumbarton

Really hope we have some sort of percentage on any future fee for him

In the book "Stand by your reds" by Bryan Cooney, it's intimated by Duncan Fraser, that the Dons do indeed have a sell on clause in Ryan Fraser's Bournemouth contract.

According to the chapter in the book, Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe rates young Fraser at 8 million smackers.

Duncan Fraser then mentions that the Dons slice of any future sale of Ryan Fraser would net Aberdeen 1.8 pounds at Howe's valuation.

As an aside, I'd thoroughly recommend the book. Great read, if like me, you are of a certain vintage.