Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

In the book "Stand by your reds" by Bryan Cooney, it's intimated by Duncan Fraser, that the Dons do indeed have a sell on clause in Ryan Fraser's Bournemouth contract.

According to the chapter in the book, Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe rates young Fraser at 8 million smackers.

Duncan Fraser then mentions that the Dons slice of any future sale of Ryan Fraser would net Aberdeen 1.8 pounds at Howe's valuation.

As an aside, I'd thoroughly recommend the book. Great read, if like me, you are of a certain vintage.

Lets hope this is indeed the case.

Must be a first for us and surprising under the circumstances of his departure I'd say.

I know he is playing in the Premiership BUT and i might just be my opinion I can't really see any of the Big Boys in England going for Fraser. Would love to be wrong if there is any truth in this sell on clause.

He's scored a few goals this season. If he drops out of the Bournemouth team for whatever reason, Crystal Palace or someone will pick him up and the going rate for someone who has scored in the best league in the world is >£10M. Just hope he gets sold soon so we can pick up the cash that he's due us. Everything that has happened so far in his career has suggested that he was correct to leave the dons when he did, so fair play to him.

He's scored a few goals this season. If he drops out of the Bournemouth team for whatever reason, Crystal Palace or someone will pick him up and the going rate for someone who has scored in the best league in the world is >£10M. Just hope he gets sold soon so we can pick up the cash that he's due us. Everything that has happened so far in his career has suggested that he was correct to leave the dons when he did, so fair play to him.

Totally agree with your last sentence. It was a sore one at the time to lose him, but a nice wee windfall upon his transfer would certainly help us forgive all that he did/or didn't do at the time

Totally agree with your last sentence. It was a sore one at the time to lose him, but a nice wee windfall upon his transfer would certainly help us forgive all that he did/or didn't do at the time

There was certainly of partisan - dons can do no wrong - pish spouted at the time of his departure (dons mad was full of it), and many folk took a pathetic huff when he made a comment about the lack of training facilities at the dons meaning he couldn't do after hours training (rather than accept it as an objective, non-malicious, piece of criticism that it clearly was). It shows the importance of training facilities to guys like Fraser, as I don't believe we'd have ever taken him to the level he has managed to reach.

There you go. Case and point. Get the tactics correct and the huns and tims are there to take points from. Solid win from us, but todays scores just frustrates me that we've taken nothing from the ugly sisters.

To think, if we hadn’t shat the bed just three times this season, we’d be top. Other teams can do it, why can’t we? Incredibly frustrating. Kind of taints their losses really but fuck it, we should enjoy it nonetheless  :thumbsup:

To think, if we hadn’t shat the bed just three times this season, we’d be top. Other teams can do it, why can’t we? Incredibly frustrating. Kind of taints their losses really but fuck it, we should enjoy it nonetheless  :thumbsup:

The mindset of the manager has a lot to do with it. I believe we have lost each game to the cheeks this season long before the team takes to the pitch and lay the blame with our manager.

The mindset of the manager has a lot to do with it. I believe we have lost each game to the cheeks this season long before the team takes to the pitch and lay the blame with our manager.

Yip. and the ridiculousness of his inferiority complex is displayed for all to see - the man taking points off the OF regularly, Steve Clarke, has been pumped in his two matches against Aberdeen.

And yet Aberdeen are as meek against the OF as Killie used to be.  McInnes has fucked it this season. As he did two seasons ago when Ward left and he went with Scott Brown in nets.  McInnes doesn't believe he can do it, he believes it's enough just to be name checked with the "Glasgow Giants".

How he and the club allowed that scenario to manifest itself around the huns matches in Nov/Dec is baffling, and questions should be asked of it.

Harry Kane produces the biggest cheating dive in the history of the game but neither the ref nor the commentators have the balls to say it how it was? Karma meant he missed the resultant pen but it's sick how just cos he's a special talent, it's one rule for him and one for everyone else. Fuck you BBC and as for you Lawrenson, have a word with your dress sense. Fud.

Harry Kane produces the biggest cheating dive in the history of the game but neither the ref nor the commentators have the balls to say it how it was? Karma meant he missed the resultant pen but it's sick how just cos he's a special talent, it's one rule for him and one for everyone else. Fuck you BBC and as for you Lawrenson, have a word with your dress sense. Fud.

I wondered that. There was nae contact from the keeper and yet no cunt in the meeja suggested that it might have been a dive. They were forced into acknowledging it when it was another of England's superstars Dele Alli because the ref booked him for it. Second een is hard to argue with and the ref didn't want to give it until the linesman flagged.

Also it seemed to take the main commentator forever to realise that the 1st goal stood because the through ball came from a Spurs player.

Kane obviously didn't dive because he's English and it's something only jolly-foreigner does.