Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth but Murty is showing what can be achieved if you at least try to have a go at Celtic. I think the Dhims will come through in the end and I also think Murty will be replaced in the close season as sevco won't want to be perceived as taking the cheap option of giving him it permanently.

And if they do I wouldnt complain if we replaced DM with him...

Well, best result for us. Celtic will win the league, that’s a given, but as shit as we’ve been it’s still a fight in for second.

Hope DM was watching. Both of the old firm are beatable and today highlighted their weaknesses. Then again, these weaknesses have been seen all season but DM apparently refuses to try to exploit them.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

And if they do I wouldnt complain if we replaced DM with him...

Aye sure.  Fa were you thinking o for the backroom team?  Durrant, Goram, Hateley and Boyd?

Och come on min.  He's signed Martin, Dorrans, Cummings, Murphy, Goss plus still has the £10M worth signed in the summer and he's only a few points better off than us.  He's nae world beater.

Folk are too quick to jump on the bandwagon and get on McInnes' back.  Show a bit of loyalty and back the man in charge.  There's a few in our team struggling for form/confidence at the moment but shouting for the manager's heid disnae help.

Guys sevco signed in summer were thon Portugeezer's signings. I realise many of Murty's January signings are loans but it cannot be disputed he has definitely improved sevco to the point where it is doubtful in the extreme that we will overhaul them for second place after having a comfortable lead over them early in season. Indeed McInnes' ineptitude now has us struggling to hold on to 3rd place.

I'm grateful for where we are now compared to prior to DM's appointment but ultimately sentiment cannot come into this. I (and I now think a majority of fans) believe we have seen peak McInnes and that we will be lucky to maintain present levels if he were to remain in charge beyond the summer. He is just clueless and far too risk averse against the cheeks and we are even seeing it against the Edinburgh teams too now.

Murty certainly isn't my first choice to replace DM but if he were available then he has proven he can recruit well within a tight budget and set teams up to at least try to have a right old go at Celtic. I can understand others wanting to give DM a chance to turn things round but I care not a jot if others disagree, the evidence is plain to see we are getting worse whilst all our rivals are improving.

I see carraghers pundit career looks like is set to be over. Well for the time being anyway. Spitting at someone else on the motorway ( who was obviously being a dick and abusing him) . Anyway, it’s on the mirror site if you want to watch it

Edit:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jamie-carragher-spitting-video-united-14397826

I can understand others wanting to give DM a chance to turn things round but I care not a jot if others disagree, the evidence is plain to see we are getting worse whilst all our rivals are improving.

Got to agree with you that the team is struggling but I hate the modern way of the hysterical knee-jerk reaction to bin the manager whenever a team goes through a poor spell.

The likes of Ross County did it by sacking a guy who had won a cup a year before and they are now on their third manager of the season.  Dundee Utd fired someone who was a stone's throw off the top of the league and they are now 20 points off the top.  And West Brom got rid of a manager with a terrific record and are now staring relegation in the face a few months later.

Ten Caat, maybe you've never been a McInnes fan and if that's the case then fair enough.  But in my view he's a good manager with a really good record over the last four years and a few bad results this season doesn't suddenly make him a bad manager.

Also can't agree with your point about Murty doing a good job on a tight budget.  A tight budget?  I'd be surprised if any players in the Dons squad earn more a week that anyone that Murty signed in January.  He has got a MASSIVE advantage over McInnes in terms of spending power.

The league has changed hugely in the last couple of years or so.  In financial terms a couple of seasons back there was Celtic then us then the rest.  Now financially there is Celtic and Sevco way out in front in what they can spend and a second tier with us, Hibs and Hearts pretty much level pegging so of course it's going to be harder than what it was and these teams are all going to take points off each other. 

The world has gone mad if we are firing managers when we're third in the league.

All this doom and gloom could be put to bed with a victory on Tuesday followed by a win on Saturday. No wins in the last 4 matches has turned the fans views about our manager.

I myself have been critical of his tactics recently but the players have the chance to put matters right this week.

If we lose on Tuesday the knives will be out in a big way for McInnes.

Let there be no doubt McInnes would be sitting in the manager's chair at Ipox right now if sevco had matched the terms he is on with us right now. The fact they couldn't/wouldn't shows that money is tight on the southwest side of Glasgow. Backed up by Murty's recruitment in January being mainly loan deals.

Any goodwill DM had for his previous achievements with us was lost by speaking to sevco. When he returned he had to have a good January recruitment and ensure we held on to second place. And also show improved performances against the cheeks. However we have lost second place, probably permanently, have lost to Celtic, Hibs and sevco, and are now struggling to even finish 3rd in the league.

We have gone stale under DM. His early tenure so no sevco, Hibs or Hearts for varying lengths of time in the league yet even then his record was hardly startling. A League Cup and a few second places where the other than Celtic our budget was far in excess of the competition. It's time for a change (in the close season) before we sink to mid table mediocrity.

Let there be no doubt McInnes would be sitting in the manager's chair at Ipox right now if sevco had matched the terms he is on with us right now. The fact they couldn't/wouldn't shows that money is tight on the southwest side of Glasgow. Backed up by Murty's recruitment in January being mainly loan deals.

Any goodwill DM had for his previous achievements with us was lost by speaking to sevco. When he returned he had to have a good January recruitment and ensure we held on to second place. And also show improved performances against the cheeks. However we have lost second place, probably permanently, have lost to Celtic, Hibs and sevco, and are now struggling to even finish 3rd in the league.

We have gone stale under DM. His early tenure so no sevco, Hibs or Hearts for varying lengths of time in the league yet even then his record was hardly startling. A League Cup and a few second places where the other than Celtic our budget was far in excess of the competition. It's time for a change (in the close season) before we sink to mid table mediocrity.

You're deluded if you think we could have afforded Murphy, Goss and Martin (or even any one of the three) in January. We might have sneaked one with a huge amount of goodwill and wages being paid for us, but not with a hun offer on the table - we'd have been outbid in a shot. Jack will probably have doubled his wages going there in the summer too. They're at least three times our budget. Guys like Windass, Tavernier Candeis and even Morelos (despite his sitter-missing) are good - well paid - players that needed semi-competent coaching and organising. Murty has done absolutely zero to show that he's in the same league as Deek in terms of organising and running a club (hence why they needed Jimmy Nic). He's an assistant that's landed on his feet in terms of timing. Deeks tactics have been poor but that doesn't make Murty a genius. He's (Murty) got a massive amount of room for error.

I see carraghers pundit career looks like is set to be over. Well for the time being anyway. Spitting at someone else on the motorway ( who was obviously being a dick and abusing him) . Anyway, it’s on the mirror site if you want to watch it

Edit:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jamie-carragher-spitting-video-united-14397826

Carragher on Sky News just now desperately trying to save his job was cringeworthy. Not only the fucking horrible wifie newscaster berating him but the fact he had absolutely nothing to say/to add to the matter.

I wouldn't sack him personally but I'm guessing Sky will. He's already apologised to the family and that must have been tough enough. The father goader was a fucking knob who needed a reet good kicking - just for being him - and there is no fucking way any spit hit the 14 year old daughter, not that this is remotely relevant whether it did or not.

He allowed himself to get wound up by a total knob. Big fucking deal. The cunt was filming it. Had he not been, it wouldn't have even made the news.

What a fucking idiot. Total classless prick. Hope Sky bin him.

Sounds like an ideal match for Sky then tbh. That shower of horrible morally bankrupt cunts would have a fucking cheek to sack anyone for that.

As Rocket says the boy deserved a hiding but Carra was so stupid to react that I would say he deserves to get sacked. He must have that happening every day. You can't react. Not in that way anyway.

Also think the boy who filmed it deserves a wee fine for using his mobile phone whilst driving. An equally classless cunt.

The Sky fitba coverage has been way poorer since Keys and Gray departed.

I'd break the bank to get them back.

Nae gonna happen like.

You're deluded if you think we could have afforded Murphy, Goss and Martin (or even any one of the three) in January.

At no point did I suggest we could or should have even attempted to sign any of those 3  ???

I did say McInnes needed to have a good January window. He didn't. Devlin may prove to be a decent acquisition in time but as things stand he is in rehab from what often proves to be a career ending/limiting injury. Woodman was forced on him due to our number 1 getting a long term injury. Nwakali.....nope sorry just isn't good enough. Cosgrove.......holy phuq where do I begin.

Yes sevco are operating on a different financial footing from us and it does look like they are following the same road as their dead predecessors but Murty has indisputably brought in quality at a (relatively) cheap price and at season's end will probably get at least 2 of the 3 you mentioned on permanent contracts.

Looking at DM's recruitment over the length of his tenure only about 1 in 3 have been a success. I no longer have confidence in his recruitment, coaching and tactics. And I think a majority of fans agree with me....

At no point did I suggest we could or should have even attempted to sign any of those 3  ???

I did say McInnes needed to have a good January window. He didn't. Devlin may prove to be a decent acquisition in time but as things stand he is in rehab from what often proves to be a career ending/limiting injury. Woodman was forced on him due to our number 1 getting a long term injury. Nwakali.....nope sorry just isn't good enough. Cosgrove.......holy phuq where do I begin.

Yes sevco are operating on a different financial footing from us and it does look like they are following the same road as their dead predecessors but Murty has indisputably brought in quality at a (relatively) cheap price and at season's end will probably get at least 2 of the 3 you mentioned on permanent contracts.

Looking at DM's recruitment over the length of his tenure only about 1 in 3 have been a success. I no longer have confidence in his recruitment, coaching and tactics. And I think a majority of fans agree with me....

I'm not suggesting that's what you said. You're suggesting Murty is a better manager based on his bargain transfers. He has not "brought in quality at a (relatively) cheap price", he's brought in players that are significantly above our budget because he has a significantly higher budget.

Again no I havent said he is a better manager. I have said that he has shown he can recruit successfully and has turned a distinctly average sevco side into what is now the second best side in the country. No more than he should do you might say given his budget compared to us Hibs and Hearts. But Pedro couldn't do it nor could Warburton.

Murty has sevco exactly where sevco should be no more no less.

So, KIllie go and beat the hun in their own garden today, how the fuck can they do this and get a second win against them this season and yet we have been pretty abject in three games against them?

SO fucking frustrating.

...and haven't lost to Killie all season, in 5 matches. Because the manager is terrified of the name, rather than what's on the park.

Terrible refereeing from Thomson - second time he's sent off Kipre this season, you do wonder if that's something to do with it.  Massive shame because Motherwell had the better chances prior to that. Bain did well for Celtic. There is absolutely nothing to be frightened about playing Celtic, particularly if you have home advantage.

When's Shinnie's next suspension due?

Will they be able to wangle it for the cup final or will it not cross competitions?

Could we not just come to a deal that says that they will treat him fairly if we impose a ban on him for the first 6 weeks of the season.

It'll give him a decent rest  and we can forget about the first tackle's a booking rule that seems to be the case at the moment.