Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

So that’s the English titled decided before the Scottish one...Scottish league isn’t competitive etc...

Said that on another thread but the way Celtic are performing at present time they will win the title for years to come.

The Rangers will die trying to catch them with spending money they don't have. Aberdeen and the rest will rely on winning a Cup to keep their fans happy.

The only way to compete for a title is to spend a heap of cash and spend it wisely but this is never going to happen so this is our lot for the conceivable. :frown:

Big Al is sadly correct. Celtic will win the league as long as they remain part of Scottish football under the present circumstances. Best scenario as it stands is that Celtic fuck off to England/anywhere but seems unlikely.

Sevco will likely go bust spending cash they do not have trying to halt the run.

We will win a trophy probably once every 5 years as will Hibs/Hearts

We either need a very generous investor (50 million minimum) or a shake up in the rules to allow us to ever compete for the league again

That's the thing though Manc.....it isn't  :(

Take Celtic out of the equation and we have a very competitive league, how we stop them is anyones guess, but the authorities will do nowt about it as long as the have their 4 OF fixtures per season.

Something will have to change at some point or the interest in our league will really fall away to nothing.

Celtics title party spoiled at Easter Road. :) 

Just a pity we cannot do to them what Hibs, Heart and Killie have done this season and I am sure Hollywood teeth will be pimping himself for the Arsenal job being the deluded cunt that he is

GIRFUY you minky bead rattling cunts.

Currently Alloa 2-0 Ayr  :wave:

The Bin Man's team have been top of the league for as long as I can remember this season and yet if they don't get their act together the league title and promotion is out of their hands.

Saturday Raith are at home to Alloa who basically have nothing to play for so can rest players in preparation for the playoffs.

Ayr on the other hand have to face Albion who need at least a draw to stop automatic relegation.

Salah is in unreal form this season. Doubt Liverpool would have got through that last night had he not been in the team.  I reckon Roma will do the business in Rome. Liverpool’s form away from home to decent teams isn’t very good.

Salah is in unreal form this season. Doubt Liverpool would have got through that last night had he not been in the team.  I reckon Roma will do the business in Rome. Liverpool’s form away from home to decent teams isn’t very good.

Surely Roma cannot come back from 3 down again.

Souness detests Wenger. He couldn't disguise his contempt today.

And he's 100% spot on.

Ok, the defensive error wasn't quite a big enough stick to beat him with but in an age of posthumous plaudits and false platitudes, it's great that at least one person - and typically a Scot - has the balls to swim against the tide and say it how it is. Arsene has been finished for a decade, for reasons only obvious to the honest it appears.

Spartans 2-1 Cove

Cowdenbeath have a trip to Harlaw Park.

Possibly the best outcome as I really don't like the idea of a 4th Edinburgh team in the league

665 at the game last night even though they were 4-0 down from first leg suggests there is enough interest to support a 4th team.

Cove should be favourites for play off against Cowdenbeath who have had some fall down the leagues. Only 4 season ago they were in the 1st division playing Hearts Hibs and the Tribute Act.

I take it Cove actually want to be in the league set up unlike Buckie or whoever it was in the playoff a couple of seasons ago?

Got the impression when Cove lost to Edinburgh City a few years ago that they were desperate to go up. With new ground in place would think that will be the case this time as well.

I take it Cove actually want to be in the league set up unlike Buckie or whoever it was in the playoff a couple of seasons ago?

The Cove fans are divided over the issue but Cove as a club are very keen to go up. And I would probably make them favourites against Cowdenbeath now.