Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Went to the Ross County Partick match tonight.

There were some terrible moments (as with any scottish match) but for once I didn't begrudge shelling out £22 for a ticket. Just under 350 county fans showed up too.

Got a soft spot for both so for me its a shame that one or both will probably go down. Would personally like to see Dundee dragged straight down and the other teams stay up via the playoffs (preferably denying the arabs for a second season in a row).

Went to the Ross County Partick match tonight.

There were some terrible moments (as with any scottish match) but for once I didn't begrudge shelling out £22 for a ticket. Just under 350 county fans showed up too.

Got a soft spot for both so for me its a shame that one or both will probably go down. Would personally like to see Dundee dragged straight down and the other teams stay up via the playoffs (preferably denying the arabs for a second season in a row).

Would much rather see east coast and north teams stay up and get rid of a couple of weegie teams. Bad enough that Paisley cunts are coming back up now the Alamo is gone.

Jeesus

No Aitkens rowies in Aberdeen and now no Alamo in Paisley?

What the fuck is the world coming to?

A beige one.

Whether you follow the English Premier League or not, this is fantastic for a club like Brighton.  Superb effort from the commentator  ;D

For those who don't know, Fatboy slim is a massive Brighton fan, his record label Skint used to sponsor them when they were in the lower leagues.

A beige one.

Whether you follow the English Premier League or not, this is fantastic for a club like Brighton.  Superb effort from the commentator  ;D

For those who don't know, Fatboy slim is a massive Brighton fan, his record label Skint used to sponsor them when they were in the lower leagues.

He was a Palace fan when growing up, but switched teams when he moved to Brighton and is on record, saying we should all switch our teams when you switch the city you live in.  :o

That sort of shyte makes him a fud in my eyes and not to be trusted in matters of football.  I wonder how many Brighton fans at the game on Friday night actually followed them through their very difficult years?  Fair play to them that did though and I am sure they will still be around when the bubble bursts and back in the lower leagues.

He was a Palace fan when growing up, but switched teams when he moved to Brighton and is on record, saying we should all switch our teams when you switch the city you live in.  :o

That sort of shyte makes him a fud in my eyes and not to be trusted in matters of football.  I wonder how many Brighton fans at the game on Friday night actually followed them through their very difficult years?  Fair play to them that did though and I am sure they will still be around when the bubble bursts and back in the lower leagues.

I love football forums, I was not aware of his previous palace affinity  :o. That’s really doing the first too as they HATE each other. Still, what’s he’s done for Brighton as a club can’t be underestimated. Pleased for him.

Arabs currently 3-2 down at home to Livingston.

Livi scored in the 2nd minute only for the Arabs to equalise instantly then go in 2-1 up at half time

Livi then scored 2 goals in 3 minutes.

Willo Flood just been sent off for the arabs too  :wave:

I know there are the arguments that its better for Scottish football to have the arabs in the top league (seems those arguments are never quite as vocal for their city rivals) and I'm no fan of Livingston but I am enjoying their current exile

Arabs currently 3-2 down at home to Livingston.

Livi scored in the 2nd minute only for the Arabs to equalise instantly then go in 2-1 up at half time

Livi then scored 2 goals in 3 minutes.

Willo Flood just been sent off for the arabs too  :wave:

I know there are the arguments that its better for Scottish football to have the arabs in the top league (seems those arguments are never quite as vocal for their city rivals) and I'm no fan of Livingston but I am enjoying their current exile

Arabs looked pretty comfortable for 70 minutes then completely collapsed. Livi worked hard and took goals well but hard to tell if they are better than teams at foot of SPFL. Not a great away day but at least stadium better than Hamilton’s.

Looks like Hibs are 'Hibs-ing' it tonight.

If they don't get at least a point they kiss goodbye to 2nd and the only way they can get 3rd will be to beat

Sevco 6-0.

If Celtic can thump the huns 5-0 what's stopping Hibs!!

"The two goals we conceded were pathetic. Lewis (Stevenson) should’ve dealt with it, put it out for a corner, he’s caught napping. But that summed us up defensively tonight really, I thought we were awful, normally we’re quite solid. The difference between the sides tonight is a set-piece.

"There’s a level of professionalism that I set, but if players aren’t wearing the right footwear then they need to look at themselves. Players are slipping over because they’re not wearing the right footwear.

"The pitch is good but there’s dew on the top and it’s hard underneath so you have to wear long studs. In the first five minutes I have two players slipping over like Bambi on Ice. Then they’re off guard and they’re unsettled. That really riles me.

"Fourth won’t be good enough for me, we want to finish third."

Would be so sweet if they managed that

"There’s a level of professionalism that I set, but if players aren’t wearing the right footwear then they need to look at themselves. Players are slipping over because they’re not wearing the right footwear.

"The pitch is good but there’s dew on the top and it’s hard underneath so you have to wear long studs

If McInnes had said that after losing, fans would be slating him. If he know what type of studs the players should have been wearing then surely a "level of professionalism" would involve checking that they were wearing them?

He's clearly unaware of the goal difference between his team and the hun too - their nae getting third in anyone's dreams.

If McInnes had said that after losing, fans would be slating him. If he know what type of studs the players should have been wearing then surely a "level of professionalism" would involve checking that they were wearing them?

He's clearly unaware of the goal difference between his team and the hun too - their nae getting third in anyone's dreams.

There's hope for them yet, but agree, it's highly unlikely.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Lennon's behaviour was a disgrace yet again last night both at half time in having a go at the ref and at the end taunting the Hearts support like a wee bairn.

I doubt there is anyone in Scottish football who gets as much abuse at a game as him but you would have thought he would have learnt to rise above it by now. 

Despite some criticising his tactical failings, our manager is a class act in the public domain and shows a bit of dignity whether we win or lose.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Our greatest (and the world's greatest) ever manager was hardly a shrinking violet when it came to noising up refs and the opposition employees/supporters.....

Doesn't make it acceptable behaviour though.

Too young to remember about his Dons days but at Man U he embarrassed himself and the club a number of times with his "noising up".