Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Stockley was a young loon with raw potential never given time to develop. And was written off by referees immediately.  Scored a peach against thistle. I’m far from convinced about cosgrove, so many are quick to praise a forward who has not looked remotely like scoring. Hope he proves to be a hit.

Last bit is what I find odd about praise given to Cosgrove. He does not seem to have any strikers instincts and has rarely been in the right position so far. It might come but 1 goal in nearly 40 games most of which were at a lower level than Stockley is currently playing at suggests otherwise.

Stockley was also pish and is playing at his level.

Fair enough but it's better for Aberdeen if motherwell lose.  It would be highly amusing if the victims lose but I know I'll be resenting it when we start in the first qualifying round and not the second come the start of july. 

Guest jinkyjoe

Mon the well!

I'm with you Kiriakov.  Love to see it when a non OF team win something even if it's not us.  Their fans appreciate it so much more because it happens so rarely.

I like to think of it as a no lose situation

Motherwell win - GIRFUY

Celtic win - 2 weeks extra rest for Dons and less chance of a Bohemiens/ Skonto Riga incident.

But I will be hoping its a Steelmen win. I like to think Rodgers grip on the SPFL is starting to crack and not winning the treble would nicely stock the paranoia of the Tic given they shipped 24points from last season and lost that unbeaten home record.

Should they fail to make the Champions league (or better yet the Europa league) the natives will start getting restless.

Normally I would be wanting the non bigot team to win but way we lost the semi final still has me raging. I cannot even bring myself to watch it so out watching Bonnyrigg v Sauchie instead. If the team we played so poorly against were to go on to win the cup I will be a seething mess ata blown chance. Plus the extra 2 weeks off could be vital to get players in and settled given the rebuilding job we have this summer.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I am struggling to know the rules nowadays. Surely the Man U defender that gave away that penalty was denying a goal scoring opportunity, no?

Shame, I really wanted Motherwell to win. I know it was worse for us but Scottish football media is gonna be hell for the first few months. Gerard this and now this double treble pish. Thank fuck I’m far enough away.

Let’s hope real keep their side of the deal next weekend to ensure the last team they lost to in a European final was us  8) especially given how many bin dippers there appear to be here. Would love to see their smug faces ruined.

I am struggling to know the rules nowadays. Surely the Man U defender that gave away that penalty was denying a goal scoring opportunity, no?

Double jeopardy rule (or law, to be precise). Jones made an attempt to play the ball, but happened to bring him down, therefore it's a penalty and a yellow (if the ref deems apt). If no attempt was made to play the ball with the player through on goal it would be a penalty and a red.

Or something along those lines.

Cheers Bobby  :thumbsup:.  Just googled that and never realised they actually brought that rule in but apparently so in 2016.  Not sure the commentators are aware of it though because they still harp on about the last man thing each time there is an incident like that whether it was intentional or not.

And I’m pretty sure Ramos carried out a hatchet job on Salah in the 1st half!  :wanker:

Yer not the only one

Also noticable that Madrid went to diving/time wasting tactics after the first goal only to buck up their ideas immediately after the equaliser. Really cannot stand spanish/ italian/ brazilian football

It was the shittest hatchet job I've ever seen. Barely touched the guy, and it was his shoulder that hit the ground furthest from Ramos that had the "suspected dislocation". Doubt he'll even miss the world cup, looked like he was fine. Pawlett re-appeared for the dons in the second half against Utd a few seasons back after dislocating his shoulder and just had it flopping about, thon Egyptian just ditched his team for a wee bash. Probably went to burger king for some nightfall ramadan feast. Looked very much like he could have played on. Bottler. Anyway, hilarious performance from thon keeper.

Nice to see some Liverpool fans showing their class...sending death threats on a keeper because he fucked up (big time).

Cracker of a goal from Bale. Not sure what the Liverpool keeper was thinking.  Of the two horrible teams, the lesser one won.  All good . Good to see our ownership of Real continues :thumbsup:

Would love to see Danny Ward being given a try between the sticks now that Karius' days are probably numbered. Looked a really good prospect when he was with us.

Sergio Ramos is a cynical cheating cunt, one who got lucky in Salah having to go off.

That need not have changed the game. Liverpool were clearly the most attacking threat until that point and this was despite Salah having done next to nothing thus far. Mane was really sharp as was the passing between the whole team.

When he did have to go off, Klopp described it as a turning point and that his players were "shocked". That's tantamount to saying that I'm shite at my job.

Last time I looked, football was a team game and if the rest of them were so mentally weak to stop playing and to "go too deep" (as Klopp described) after Mo's exit, then they're not properly prepared to begin with and they lack the self belief required to go all the way.

Klopp is zero from six now in major finals. It's him who is lacking. He's a bullshitter but that final will always be remembered as the worst keeper performance ever, astonishing in its severity.