Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

4 hours ago, Jute said:

2-0 St Mirren. Looked offside but no VAR so goal stands. Means our home game next week will be moved to the Sunday unless there is a complete arse collapse from St Mirren. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Oh well no Saturday game again next week. 

Not necessarily. Because Kilmarnock are also in the Conference League, one of them may have their game moved to Wednesday for TV purposes. It's a thing Uefa have been doing this season.

Dates confirmed in the morning.

44 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Falkirk Queens park has been fun so far.  2 goals in 3 minutes of the second half starting have the score at 2-1 Falkirk.  I defo reckon the championship will be great value this season.  

Going to be really tight league this season. Good few teams who could win it.

I decided to watch France v Argentina Olympic quarter final. 1-0 France with 15 minutes left. 

14 hours ago, Jute said:

I decided to watch France v Argentina Olympic quarter final. 1-0 France with 15 minutes left. 

I was saying to my neighbour yesterday it's impossible to call. 

Dunfermline, Raith, Partick, Falkirk, Morton, Airdrie, Livi, Queens park, Hamilton and Ayr. 

This could be the the closest professional league in the world this year not only in terms of number of teams challenging for the top spot but in points difference between top and bottom. 

Still 0-0 at Tynecastle, the huns were all kinds of guff in the first half but have had a wee spell of dominance at the start of the second and are unlucky not be ahead but hearts are coming back into it. Hearts new rb Taylor looks a real find, solid at the back and quick to go forward. 6ft tall too, he's going to cause a lot of teams problems.  

I know it’s only money that matters, but would have been nice to see six 3pm kickoffs to start the league season today. Have everyone play at the same time and make opening day a thing.  Only two games on opening day is rather lame.

3 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I know it’s only money that matters, but would have been nice to see six 3pm kickoffs to start the league season today. Have everyone play at the same time and make opening day a thing.  Only two games on opening day is rather lame.

Will be a lot of fans in England who don't normally bother with Scottish football who might watch a few games this weekend to get away from the Olympics, so that's why Sky are going big on it.

All these games are warm ups to what will be an incredible spectacle on Monday night at McDiarmid Park.

Edited by Panda
  • Haha 1

Putting aside the obvious answer of because it was Rangers, can anyone please try and explain why that wasn't bad penalty for the Barron hand ball ?

Coming off the back of enjoying league cup games without VAR and without controversy, here we go again.

Looks like yet another season of inconsistent refereeing/VAR decisions ahead 

35 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Putting aside the obvious answer of because it was Rangers, can anyone please try and explain why that wasn't bad penalty for the Barron hand ball ?

Coming off the back of enjoying league cup games without VAR and without controversy, here we go again.

On the contrary, I think the refs have been told not to give pish like that as pens this season. Which is correct, it was never a pen (we need Barron spending more time on the pitch to greaten the opportunity for him getting a career ending injury). 

Of course, there will - inconsistently - be pens given for that this season. One reason will be because the ref has initially given it, and VAR will not intervene and subsequently fans will not be able to tell the difference between the two incidents (nobody seems to get the fact that the same incident can both be not a clear and obvious errors in giving a foul, and not a clear and obvious error in not giving a foul). The second, most obviously (and has always been obvious since before we got the pish), is that there is no such thing as clear and obvious. It can't, and hasn't, been defined (definitively) and so it is impossible to have VAR with consistency. It doesn't exist. 

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

On 02/08/2024 at 21:37, Jute said:

I reckon it will be the most competitive league in Europe 2bh mate.  When you look at the clubs involved with a bit of luck any of them could win it.  It will probably be won by a very low overall points total and the gap between top club and bottom come the end of the season will likely be very small.  Hell, you couldn't even say for certain that it will be double figure points gap though that would be insane.  Also, unless one team completely collapses whoever gets relegated will get relegated with a record points total. 

36 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I reckon it will be the most competitive league in Europe 2bh mate.  When you look at the clubs involved with a bit of luck any of them could win it.  It will probably be won by a very low overall points total and the gap between top club and bottom come the end of the season will likely be very small.  Hell, you couldn't even say for certain that it will be double figure points gap though that would be insane.  Also, unless one team completely collapses whoever gets relegated will get relegated with a record points total. 

And as we continue to make more and more arbitrary protection rules to prevent any of them getting promoted, it will be competitive for years to come.

7 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

And as we continue to make more and more arbitrary protection rules to prevent any of them getting promoted, it will be competitive for years to come.

Promoted to the most predictable league in the world that has been a two-horse race since 1994. I'd love nothing more than to bin the two ugly sisters and have a Scottish Premier that is contestable between any of the 12 teams in it ... better still, we could just make it 10 teams and bin that annoying split

• Like 1

Hun team starting in champions League qualifier with Droopy, Scott Wright & The Irish Hobbit starting.

No fucking way these despicable cunts are getting through this

37 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Hun team starting in champions League qualifier with Droopy, Scott Wright & The Irish Hobbit starting.

No fucking way these despicable cunts are getting through this

1-0 down at half time. Actually looked okay until goal.