Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

6 minutes ago, BigAl said:

St Mirren draw one each, wonder if they might rest players on Sunday ?

Would think they will have to as they will be shattered as they spent 90 minutes chasing the ball tonight. Brann were better team by miles but just didn’t convert their dominance into goals. 

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Dons' legend masterminds 5-0 victory over Airdrie.

I didn’t realise I still shout cunt whenever I see him on tv until it was pointed out today.

• Like 1

Ken it's only the second weekend of the season, but Hearts losing to Dundee opens up the chance to go five points clear of them. 

When you consider they'll have European games coming thick and heavy soon enough, any sort of lead over them would be very handy indeed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Panda said:

Ken it's only the second weekend of the season, but Hearts losing to Dundee opens up the chance to go five points clear of them. 

When you consider they'll have European games coming thick and heavy soon enough, any sort of lead over them would be very handy indeed.

Think hearts will struggle much like we did last year, much like us, do they have the depth to handle the schedule? I doubt it.

6 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Think hearts will struggle much like we did last year, much like us, do they have the depth to handle the schedule? I doubt it.

Well, on paper, yes. You could argue their squad is too big.

IMG_4677.jpeg.c78c484aed5ca1aaeef50f647062db60.jpeg

But their manager is a novice, apart from a few good players their team is still average (I don't look at their strongest XI there and worry too much), and even though they strolled third last season it was very much handed to them on plate with Aberdeen and Hibs being so poor.

Has Naisy even got his badges yet? Didn't Hearts have to pretend that some other member of staff was the manager this time last season because Naisy didn't have the required qualifications?