Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Hilariously bad decision for the second yellow. Brilliant.

Never a second yellow but he was going to be sent off in the game. He had a couple of fouls since being booked and had lunged in a couple of additional times. Commentators even said they were surprised Jefte was not taken off at half time as he was likely to be sent off. The rage from the three blue bigot commentators at the end was a beautiful thing to behold. 

From BBC: Clement pointed out that "financially, it's a big difference for the club" and would "also make a difference" to what kind of signings the Belgian can bring to Ibrox.

I use the Newsnow RSS service to see what different online sources are reporting about the Dons. The past few weeks has been all about IprixNews and HailHail trying to encourage their clubs to "steal" Miovski in a cut-priced deal. I guess he is now officially out of The Huns price range ... not that he'd ever go to either of those scum #OADAAD 

6 minutes ago, Jute said:

St Mirren getting pumped in Brann and heading out. 

Killie however beating Tromso 1-0 to progress and give us another Sunday game.

You mean it gives killie another midweek game while we have a week to rest and prepare for the league game. Hopefully they are away and travel next Thursday too.

1 minute ago, OrlandoDon said:

You mean it gives killie another midweek game while we have a week to rest and prepare for the league game. Hopefully they are away and travel next Thursday too.

I prefer to see it that way as well mate 👍

Hope they are still in the tie after first leg on Thursday 

17 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

No I mean another Sunday game I am highly unlikely to be able to attend. 

They are currently scheduled to be away first leg. 

2 hours ago, Jute said:

No I mean another Sunday game I am highly unlikely to be able to attend. 

They are currently scheduled to be away first leg. 

Confirmed, killie are in Denmark next Thursday, then pittodrie next Sunday.

Had both games on a multi screen tonight.

Great result for Killie but they were very fortunate. I think they'll struggle this season, and Copenhagen is very likely to be as far as they go in Europe. 

St Mirren, Brann I thought were very good. Considering Nilsen was their captain it says a lot for him. Maybe it was just St Mirren making them look good but they absolutely dominated them and should have had the tie wrapped up long before the end.

Would have happily seen them both go through. Unlike the Old Firm obviously. Unfortunately these competition are always going to cause problems for clubs with relatively small squads. I don't/didn't begrudge the Killie and St. Mirren fans a wee European jaunt. 

I don't mind the likes of Killie having a good run in Europe. I love seeing the edinburgh duo getting humped cos it produces headlines previously reserved for us. And it's always good to see the In Firm exiting well before Xmas... the sooner those scum leave scotland the sooner we can enjoy a more competitive league that isn't decided before the first ball is kicked 

Huns V Saint J nothing each at half time.

Honeymoon over for Droopy ?

Dropped from starting line up.

Keeping a keen eye on Sibideh, him and the other boy up front for Saints will cause a lot of teams problems this season 

6 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Why is there VAR at Hampden but not in our game this afternoon.

Same competition, different rules for competing teams 🤔

Think it's decided by the teams in each fixture, where one of the teams doesn't normally have VAR, which seems fair enough.

Anyway, normal domestic decision making resumed for the Hun.

6 hours ago, BigAl said:

Huns V Saint J nothing each at half time.

Honeymoon over for Droopy ?

Dropped from starting line up.

On the contrary, they absolutely adore him, he's been their best player this season. 

And yet, I've not heard one Aberdeen fan say we've missed Barron this season, which I think says a lot about us and them.

6 hours ago, BigAl said:

23 minutes ago, Panda said:

On the contrary, they absolutely adore him, he's been their best player this season. 

And yet, I've not heard one Aberdeen fan say we've missed Barron this season, which I think says a lot about us and them.

I didn’t think barron was a permanent starter for us. I think he’s the best of a bad lot there, I don’t think that’s a good team and I don’t think they have a particularly good coach.

flip side, I’m liking Thelin and his philosophy, and the style of play we seem to be adapting. shinnie, sivert, polvara, clarkson, McGrath, plus hopefully, and this is a biggie, ante is a legit player, that’s a solid center midfield group.

Throw in transfers too and our somewhat successful philosophy there, plus general club finance, it appears to be two clubs heading in different directions.

• Like 1