Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Man Utd 2 Sunderland 2.

United equalise in injury time through Anton Ferdinand's og.  Ben Foster had another monumental fuck up for Sunderland's second. The guy is simply not good enough for United.  Cracking goals from Bent and Berbatov.

Foster has been Man Utds biggest problem this season. Berbatovs goal was immence but sunderland were unlucky not to have come away with all 3 points

Foster has been Man Utds biggest problem this season. Berbatovs goal was immence but sunderland were unlucky not to have come away with all 3 points

Worst thing is that he clearly shouts to Vidic to leave it, but then gets nowhere near it. Why not come out in front of Jones rather than where Jones is?  Fucking brainless goalkeeping.

Was at the Utd game tonight. Poor stuff from foster but i said to my old man that it never looked like a team that was set out to do anything attacking wise. Bent and jones have been in very good form recently and i'm not surprised that they got goals today against a poor Utd defence. As good as Berbatov's goal was, he was awful today only eclipsed by Nani - total poof!

Was at the Utd game tonight. Poor stuff from foster but i said to my old man that it never looked like a team that was set out to do anything attacking wise. Bent and jones have been in very good form recently and i'm not surprised that they got goals today against a poor Utd defence. As good as Berbatov's goal was, he was awful today only eclipsed by Nani - total poof!

Have to say i thought Berbatov was one of United's better players today MM.  Rooney was woeful.  Nani was even worse, how did he survive the hook?  I'm told that had Ronaldo stayed in the summer, he was to be sold to Inter.  Fergie is not convinced, and going on this form (he's been picked against the "easy" sides mostly) he'll be sold next summer.

As much as I love Paul Scholes, he's a red card waiting to happen these days and that's why he was subbed at half time.

1718: What an incredible start... The Ukraine fans greet the kick-off by lobbing a load of lit flares into Rob Green's penalty area. The referee has no option but to stop the game as smoke billows across the Dnipro Stadium. Madness.

1729: PENALTY TO UKRAINE

1730: RED CARD England (Rob Green)

1732: Shambles, absolute shambles. Horrible mistake by Rio Ferdinand gives Artem Milevskiy a clean run on goal, and he pokes the ball past Rob Green and draws the foul. Clear penalty for Ukraine, and Green - largely thanks to Ferdinand's moment of madness - is sent off.

1732: MISSED PENALTY Ukraine 0-0 England

1733: David James comes on for the unfortunate Aaron Lennon, another player who might be cursing Rio Ferdinand right now. James goes the wrong way for the penalty but Andriy Shevchenko's effort clips the outside of his left-hand post. A huge let-off for England. Cue more flare-throwing.

1746: GOAL Ukraine 1-0 England

Ukraine goal: Glen Johnson gets in a decent tackle on the edge of the area but the ball comes out to Sergiy Nazarenko, whose ferocious shot comes off Ashley Cole (I think) to beat David James.