Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

And starting Voronin ahead of Babel?He should get the dunt soon

Thing is, both Voronin and Babel are examples of Benitez's inability to get the best out of players. Both are actually very good footballers, but for some reason or another its not working there. I still think Babel moved a season too early but hey ho. That team should have been good enough to get past Fulham, but luckily they weren't :D

I don't think Liverpool have the players atall, was watching clips of when Crouch was a Liverpool and they could be done with him, he isn't great far from it but he is a different option that Liverpool lack, soo many shit to average players in that team.  Manc do you go to many Fulham games?

I don't think Liverpool have the players atall, was watching clips of when Crouch was a Liverpool and they could be done with him, he isn't great far from it but he is a different option that Liverpool lack, soo many shit to average players in that team.  Manc do you go to many Fulham games?

No I haven't been to any yet, was in the pub meeting folk who were going. I'm hoping once my situation changes I'll be able to go to a few. Though Jute and Northfield have told me the atmosphere isn't always very good :-\

And starting Voronin ahead of Babel?He should get the dunt soon

Babel has been fucking gash though. He promised so much and delivered so little. I guess you could blame the manager if you really wanted. He's good at adding to the goal tally when Liverpool are already winning but he can't come on and make a difference when it's needed.

Personally I'm not calling for Rafa's head yet. I think he's been unlucky with Injuries. He could really do with getting Aquilani fit and Gerrard is a miss for any team long term. Degen's sending off didn't help which was never a sending off.

Babel has been fucking gash though. He promised so much and delivered so little. I guess you could blame the manager if you really wanted.

I think you can blame the manager for playing him out of position. Babel is a player who plays through the middle but Benitez continually plays him out wide.  Why buy the guy if that's what you're going to do?  Appears he wants another version of Dirk Kuyt...

I think you can blame the manager for playing him out of position. Babel is a player who plays through the middle but Benitez continually plays him out wide.  Why buy the guy if that's what you're going to do?  Appears he wants another version of Dirk Kuyt...

Dirk started his Liverpool career plying upfront thought and he proved himself to be useless. He's better where he is. Babel does get opportunities upfront though and he simply doesn't take them. He could well do with a sustained run in his favoured position though.

I have a fair few Liverpool supporting mates down south, I usually go down a couple of times a season to Anfield.  For about 3 years I've been saying Liverpool won't win the League under Benitez. I'm not saying he's a poor manager as he's clearly not, but I just don't think he has enough know-how to win the League in England.

Voronin is clearly a good player though, scored a lot of goals in the Bundesliga last season. Babel also looks like a much better player in the few times i've seen him with Holland. A lot of it points to  Benitez not being able to get the best out of the players he has.

Jermain Penant said last week that although Rafa is a good manager, he tries to control every little thing and never lets players play to how they like to.  He's so obsessed with this ProZone stuff too. Kenny Dalglish has said that if he was a player under Benitez he'd never get a game because his ProZone stats wouldn't be good enough. Science will only do so much for you, ye know?