Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Gutted, nae fighting  :( But a cracking strike for the equaliser  ;D

Huns are in the denial:

Trouble at the match between Unirea Urziceni and Rangers was described by supporters chief Andy Kerr as a "minor incident''.

There was unrest as Gers fans attempted to enter the Steaua Stadium before kick-off, while reports suggested some away fans ripped up seats during the match. Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, blamed poor organisation.

He told Sky Sports News: "There was a bit of pressure at the front. Spray was used, which was used before the start of the match, and I think people reacted to that. I wouldn't say the Rangers fans did anything wrong. The organisation was very poor.

"(Before the match) they had two cordons of barriers to let people through. They used the spray there on more than one occasion and people were quite distressed by that.''

Kerr did not see any fans ripping up seats, but stressed such behaviour was unacceptable. "We don't condone it, we don't want to see it, but the vast majority of people behaved impeccably,'' he said. "In the big scheme of things, (it's) a minor incident.''

Kerr recalled a similar incident at an away game in 2005. "The last incident I could remember was in Bratislava when we played Artmedia,'' he said. "They almost seem surprised that we all turn up about a half hour before the game.''

Anyone see the Man Utd vs CSKA Moscow game a couple of days ago? Unbelievable goalkeeping from CSKA's keeper, Igor Akinfeev. Based on that display, if Fergie does eventually move to sign him (as the commentators were saying would happen throughout the match), I reckon ManU would finally have found the quality keeper they've been craving since Peter Schmeichel (although I would say Barthez was equal to Schmeichel, but in different ways in that his strengths were in different areas to Schmeichel's strengths)

Anyone see the Man Utd vs CSKA Moscow game a couple of days ago? Unbelievable goalkeeping from CSKA's keeper, Igor Akinfeev. Based on that display, if Fergie does eventually move to sign him (as the commentators were saying would happen throughout the match), I reckon ManU would finally have found the quality keeper they've been craving since Peter Schmeichel (although I would say Barthez was equal to Schmeichel, but in different ways in that his strengths were in different areas to Schmeichel's strengths)

Van der Sar has been a fantastic keeper for United. I thought Barthez was next to hopeless for them.