Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Barthez was amazing when he was up for it. Admittedly some of his performances were shocking, including his attempt at out-witting Di Canio in the FA Cup.

But there's countless times Barthez has simply been unbelievable. He's one of these keepers with the ability to catch the ball in situations where the vast majority would be forced to punch the ball away or turn it round for a corner. Barthez just had a knack for making the ball cling to his hands like velcro.

Barthez was amazing when he was up for it. Admittedly some of his performances were shocking, including his attempt at out-witting Di Canio in the FA Cup.

But there's countless times Barthez has simply been unbelievable. He's one of these keepers with the ability to catch the ball in situations where the vast majority would be forced to punch the ball away or turn it round for a corner. Barthez just had a knack for making the ball cling to his hands like velcro.

I remember thinking at the time that was one of the few transfers that Fergie got wrong.  Should have signed van der Sar then, barthez was far too unreliable.

should this be re-named the ManU/Liverpool Pish Thread?

We actually do chat about other teams in here you know, like Rangers :D:rofl:

Edit: right on cue

A number of Rangers supporters wearing Stone Island and Burberry and speaking with Cockney accents were spotted before the match in Romania. (Daily Record)

:lolabove:

finished 3-2 to Real who had Ramos sent off. Good game. Miles better than the boxing...

Agreed.

It took me about an hour to realise I could have recorded the football and watched it after the boxing :-\

HOWEVER, managed to record the last 15 mins and watch it after, excellent end to the match >>>>> boxing!!

Was a really good game, Atletico certainly went for it against 10 men.

Wondering if I should just start a separate thread for Arsenal that I can just add the  :thumbsup: sign to every time they play superb, what a team they are just now  8)

Was a really good game, Atletico certainly went for it against 10 men.

Wondering if I should just start a separate thread for Arsenal that I can just add the  :thumbsup: sign to every time they play superb, what a team they are just now  8)

[/quote

Fabregas' goal was an absolute joy, the lay off from van Persie was perfect.

I'm amazed at how Pepe still gets a game at Real Madrid, for a big lump of a lad he gets brushed off the ball far too easily.