Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Aye, Southgate got binned when they were a point behind the zebras. He must be fucking gutted looking at the table now!

Boro ain't going up this year and that could mean staying where they are for a while. Gibson will chuck cash at it in the summer though.

I can see Strachan going for a captain in gary caldwell in jan.

He needs to do something - boro were dire on sat, newcastle hardly got out of 2nd gear.

I can see Strachan going for a captain in gary caldwell in jan.

He needs to do something - boro were dire on sat, newcastle hardly got out of 2nd gear.

Both teams were pretty awful, the first goal was a joke from the ref but there were some pretty honking decisions going against Boro. That said, yes, they were fucking awful after that goal, there's nothing about them at all, all the senior players that were worth keeping are gone and that process had started even before relegation.

Rumours of a few signings down there and cash getting chucked at it.

Aye, watched that game, was amazing!

Whats with the Bernabau being so empty though?

50,000 at it I think.

Weekend before Xmas and it being -5 outside might have caused that. The fact that Zaragoza are at the bottom of the league too.

Mental note to self though, might be a good time of year to get a ticket for a game next season. Quite fancy seeing this current crop of players.

50,000 at it I think.

Weekend before Xmas and it being -5 outside might have caused that. The fact that Zaragoza are at the bottom of the league too.

Mental note to self though, might be a good time of year to get a ticket for a game next season. Quite fancy seeing this current crop of players.

:lolabove:

My first thought too!

Both teams were pretty awful, the first goal was a joke from the ref but there were some pretty honking decisions going against Boro. That said, yes, they were fucking awful after that goal, there's nothing about them at all, all the senior players that were worth keeping are gone and that process had started even before relegation.

Rumours of a few signings down there and cash getting chucked at it.

Aye thats pretty accurate. Both teams were pretty gash.

Have been to both StJames.com & the Riverside this season, and I reckon NUFC will win that league by a country mile (they still aint at permiership standard thou) and Boro, unless they invest in Jan will struggle to make the playoffs. 

Motherwell are losing to saints which is actually worse unless you think we are looking up rather than looking down.

True, either way at the moment we're in a crap position. Really need our team to buck up its idea's in the new year. Its an incredibly tight league this year.

We're the only team to have beat them this year. :-/

Not strictly true though:

04/03/09 Rangers 0-1 Inverness CT

15/03/09 Rangers 0-2 Celtic

02/08/09 Arsenal 3-0 Rangers

08/08/09 Portsmouth 2-0 Rangers

29/09/09 Rangers 1-4 Seville

20/10/09 Rangers 1-4 Unirea

24/11/09 Rangers 0-2 Stuttgart

(this wasn't off the top of my head)

Not strictly true though:

04/03/09 Rangers 0-1 Inverness CT

15/03/09 Rangers 0-2 Celtic

02/08/09 Arsenal 3-0 Rangers

08/08/09 Portsmouth 2-0 Rangers

29/09/09 Rangers 1-4 Seville

20/10/09 Rangers 1-4 Unirea

24/11/09 Rangers 0-2 Stuttgart

(this wasn't off the top of my head)

In the league this season, as you know fine well. 

What depresses me most was that we seem to have been the catalyst for the upturn in their fortunes whereas we've been gash since. Its crazy for such a Shite team that they've managed to remain undefeated for large periods of the season. Sign of champions i guess :hammer:

Not in December it isn't.

They are fucking awful but the general drop in standards in the SPL is quite spectacular. Much like our own, think of the talent that has left not just us but the rest of the SPL in the last few seasons.

No i agree funster but it was more of a general comment over the whole of 2009 rather than specifically this season. But i think the point still stands as no-one is really beating them this season. It goes a long way into securing success however diabolical the football is. As you say though, it is an example of how Shite the spl is.

No i agree funster but it was more of a general comment over the whole of 2009 rather than specifically this season. But i think the point still stands as no-one is really beating them this season. It goes a long way into securing success however diabolical the football is. As you say though, it is an example of how Shite the spl is.

I thought Hibs might have had a bit more about them, now the Huns have pretty much wiped the floor with teams who have lofty ideas. Disappointing but the results do suit us.