Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Its something they've been talking a lot about recently down here. United are very one dimensional at the moment. I.e. Relying far too much on rooney and i think that and the combination of becoming a father has had its toll on him. Just seems dead at the moment.

Totally agree. Don't think it helps that the central midfield is changing all the time, no consistency there, no one getting into their rhythm - it effects the whole side.

The BBC disnae seem to be up dating this at all!  >:D

From ESPN, latest:

Albion Rovers  0 - 0 Stirling Albion

Ayr United  1 - 0 Brechin City

Edinburgh City  1 - 2 Montrose

Forfar Athletic  0 - 3 St Johnstone

Inverness Caledonian Thistle  2 - 0 Motherwell

Kilmarnock  0 - 0 Falkirk

Ross County  4 - 0 Inverurie Locos

I agree about Berbatov, he's got a phenomenal touch and technique. Just don't see it often enough. Certainly not worth 30 million they said for him!

I know there are lies, damned lies and statistics but I was reading this on 365 today.

* Manchester United's record with Dimitar Berbatov in the starting XI is 34 points from 13 games. Their record without him is 13 points from nine games. That's 2.6 points per game v 1.44 points per game.

I know there are lies, damned lies and statistics but I was reading this on 365 today.

* Manchester United's record with Dimitar Berbatov in the starting XI is 34 points from 13 games. Their record without him is 13 points from nine games. That's 2.6 points per game v 1.44 points per game.

I don't think there's any doubt United are a better side with him in it. Just a bit frustrating that he doesn't always seem "on".  Rooney has to have someone up beside him in my view, which certainly seemed to be the case last night. Owen came on and Rooney got a lot better. Carrick also started playing a bit better as he had someone else to look for.

The stats may well be skewed in that Berbatov doesn't always start the "big" games, and the ones he does start are the ones United should generally be winning easily anyway.  But, he is a rolls royce of a player, just a shame he doesn't always get out of the driveway.