Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Must admit, I only managed to see the second half. But AC Milan were unlucky. There was a period of about 20 minutes early in the second half where they camped themselves in Inter's half and only some spectacular saves from Julio Cesar and a few efforts hitting the woodwork prevented Milan from notching up at least an equaliser.

But Inter's counterattacking was unreal. Pandev and Milito just seem to instinctively know where each other is on the park. Some of the thru-passes on show from Inter's strike partnership were a delight to watch.

Fun and games in the Egypt Algeria ACN semi. Two soft bookings, the second for a debatable foul to give Egypt a penalty, see Algerian centre half sent off. Resulting penatly the Egypt player seemed to take a pause in the run up before slotting it away. Algeria keeper deems this illegal and chases the ref up the park before putting his head toward the ref's head and he only gets a booking.

You cannae beat a good derby. The fitba is pish mind.

Fun and games in the Egypt Algeria ACN semi. Two soft bookings, the second for a debatable foul to give Egypt a penalty, see Algerian centre half sent off. Resulting penatly the Egypt player seemed to take a pause in the run up before slotting it away. Algeria keeper deems this illegal and chases the ref up the park before putting his head toward the ref's head and he only gets a booking.

You cannae beat a good derby. The fitba is pish mind.

I was going to argue and say the football wasnt too bad, but it was. But a 4-0, three sendings off, the ref almost nutted, bad decisions, bad fouls, ridiculous feigning of injury, the flashing lights of the riot vans all made it quite watchable.

2-0 to Man Utd v the Arse at half time.  First was an Almunia og after wonderful play by Nani.  The second from Rooney after a brilliant break from defence involving Park and Nani again.  Great finish from Rooney but poor play by Denilson who was tracking back but never checked behind him all the way from the half way line until it was too late by which time the ball was being rolled in front of the man he should have been keeping an eye on.

Guest rocket debris

United have been briiliant, predictably so remembering Arsene's collapse v Chelski here. 2/1 for the away win, 9/2 HT FT and only an Arsenal goal required now for 1-3 @ 25/1. Still won't repair the damage inflicted by Montrose's first win of the season.

Pleasant surprise. Made a minor profit this weekend despite Berwick's horror show at 1/2. Aren't I a clever dick?

One out of two aint bad.  ;)

Cracking United performance.  Fergie got it spot on again. Nani played very well first half and Rooney was excellent, but Brown and Evans were excellent as well as the central midfield. But I think Ji-Sung Park played well, nowhere near as flashy as his team mates, but his inclusion in these games is always for a reason: it stops the opposition attacking from the back and when his team is attacking he always gets the opposition full back on the back foot.  For the big clubs, full backs are so important these days in how the team attacks - Evra is a prime example - but Park snuffs that threat out for United. He's almost a defensive winger. A true unsung hero.

Guest rocket debris

One out of two aint bad.  ;)

Bad day yesterday. Aberdeen at 11/10, Brechin at 7/10 and someone else also let me down. Had Ross County at 10/3 and Alloa at 7/10 though and have a nice prospective big odds win if Bury and Rochdale draw tomorrow, having already picked Hull and Carlisle for draws.

Having got out of jail with a 25/1 shot this afternoon, I thank Arsene for continuing being a fud. Why don't the gooners get rid of this virgin-to-women?

Present for you neeps. Back Atletico 1-0 down at home to Malaga. You'll get better than 4/1.

Two nil Malaga. I'd never back Atletico when they're down. They are pea hearted mercenaries. They couldn't give a fuck if Atletico rise or fall, they get their stupid wages regardless. 

Still, I may be wrong...