Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

i missed that because i turned it over for the Spanish football... has it shown a replay? Or has Sky decided again that we shouldn't see it, a la Eduardo's injury a couple of years ago?

They're not replaying it, mentioned it being similar to Eduardo's injury.  His leg wasn't pointing the right way.  :-[

The Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, was upset at the tackle that caused Aaron Ramsey an horrific injury during his side's 3-1 win at Stoke.

Ramsey was injured in the second-half in a tackle with Ryan Shawcross, who was sent off and left the pitch in tears after seeing the extent of Ramsey's injury.

"I'm not very happy with the tackle," said Wenger. "We know what we are expecting, a battle everywhere, but we have now lost three players on horrendous tackles and I refuse to believe it's always coincidence.

"I don't believe it when you are hit as many times as we are. I just believe in what I see and when you see a player getting injured like that it's not acceptable. Commitment is right, but that is not right."

Wenger added that he expected Ramsey to be out for a lengthy period: "I'm very proud and of course very sad because of what happened," said the Arsenal manager. "We know it's a bad injury. We have to transfer him to London tonight to see if he needs emergency surgery. We don't know how long he will be out but it's certainly long term."

The game was level at 1-1 when the incident occurred but Arsenal somehow regrouped and scored two late goals to secure victory. "We could see the team was shocked but this team is very strong mentally and we will do it for Ramsey as well because he deserves it," Wenger added.

Cesc Fábregas was saddened at yet another serious injury suffered by a team-mate: "In five years I've seen three of them, Abou [Diaby], Eduardo and now Aaron. What can I say? It's difficult.

"You could say we are not protected enough. We are sometimes victims. I'm not complaining, football is like that.

"There are things that are a little too much but three times in five years is a little bit too much."

Have to say I don't recall the Diaby incident.

Have to say i missed the challenge and just saw the leg dangling. It was horrible. Shawcross certainly doesn't appear to be a dirty player and looked devastated when he was leaving the pitch. My mate who is in arsenal fan was agro and claiming its no coincidence that arsenal are getting leg breaks. Arsenal showed good spirit to win the game i wondered if they'd cope following the incident.

Also, Chelsea fans are scum. Singing no surrender in tgi's. Cunts.

Have to say i missed the challenge and just saw the leg dangling. It was horrible. Shawcross certainly doesn't appear to be a dirty player and looked devastated when he was leaving the pitch. My mate who is in arsenal fan was agro and claiming its no coincidence that arsenal are getting leg breaks. Arsenal showed good spirit to win the game i wondered if they'd cope following the incident.

A touch of paranoia or a nod towards the fact arsenal are soft as shite these days?  Not saying either is right, just playing Devil's Advocate.

Also, Chelsea fans are scum. Singing no surrender in tgi's. Cunts.

Nothing new my man. Been like that all their existence.  Cunts to a man, just because their club has money and is now in with Europe's big boys doesn't mean their fans are any classier. Utter scumbags.

A touch of paranoia or a nod towards the fact arsenal are soft as shite these days?  Not saying either is right, just playing Devil's Advocate.

Nothing new my man. Been like that all their existence.  Cunts to a man, just because their club has money and is now in with Europe's big boys doesn't mean their fans are any classier. Utter scumbags.

I told him he was being paranoid, but he wasn't having any of it. He said they set themselves up like that and Arsenal are always on the receiving end....

The worst thing about being in London is having to deal with these cretins called Chelsea fans. Near the ground yesterday, they had a "team terry" stall (city fans were also wearing "team bridge". Obviously something in the stall caught my attention, a number of scarves with the red hand of Ulster on them, and some convenient bits of orange.  :finger:

The funniest thing I heard the Chelsea old guard come out with (they were being told to stop singing by the bouncers), their main guy says to another, " oi, remember, I'm number one and you're number 2".

:rofl: