Todays fitba

Anyone watching the forest - Cardiff game? There's a saltire in one of the corners. Seems a bit random amongst the england flags, and looks like the aberdeen badge in the middle of it as well?

I saw that, looked bigger than the ones we sold in the shop. Possibly they found the GUASC flag which went missing in action  :thumbsup:

Still 0-0 in Perth between StJ and utd, the saints have missed a pen though.

I saw that, looked bigger than the ones we sold in the shop. Possibly they found the GUASC flag which went missing in action  :thumbsup:

Still 0-0 in Perth between StJ and utd, the saints have missed a pen though.

I'm pretty sure it's 1-0 United?

Anyone watching the forest - Cardiff game? There's a saltire in one of the corners. Seems a bit random amongst the england flags, and looks like the aberdeen badge in the middle of it as well?

Absolute abortion of a game. Funny watching Marshall have a wee hand bags episode wi one of his CH's. Only highlight.

Absolute abortion of a game. Funny watching Marshall have a wee hand bags episode wi one of his CH's. Only highlight.

It was horrendous. Though I will say one thing, Blackstock looks a decent player and certainly took one for the team there! Forrest's Tyson? I think it was, fuck me, what a frustrating player! So many occassions he could have crossed with his right after he'd cut on, and then did one trick too many, just to try and get it on his left and ultimately fail.

Barca would be shite without him. We were discussing in the pub, surely he must be on his way if not the best player ever? How a team depend on such an individual to grind out results. Messi aside, barca offered very little, but what a joy to watch. He truly is fantastic.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger acclaimed Lionel Messi as the world's best player after his four-goal haul ended the Gunners' Champions League hopes.

A Messi-inspired Barcelona won 4-1 at the Nou Camp to complete a 6-3 aggregate victory in the quarter-final.

"I believe we lost against a team that is better than us and that has the best player in the world," said Wenger.

"Once he's on the run, Messi is unstoppable. He's the only player who can change direction at such a pace."

Messi came into the game having already hit three hat-tricks in 2010, but against Arsenal, he went one better and scored four goals in a game for the first time in his career.

However, Wenger, who saw his side take a shock lead through Nicklas Bendtner at the Nou Camp, said his side had to take some blame for Messi's success.

"Over two games, for a team like Arsenal, we conceded cheap goals. They didn't have to work hard enough," added Wenger.

"When you have players like Messi, any mistake you can pay for it."

While Barcelona's all-round display in the first leg at the Emirates Stadium earned them plenty of plaudits, Messi had been relatively quiet.

Not so at the Nou Camp where the diminutive Argentine terrorised the Arsenal defence, doubling his Champions League goals tally.

Barca manager Pep Guardiola described Messi's performance as "awesome", Bendtner called it "phenomenal", while Gunners keeper Manuel Almunia admitted: "We were beaten by a brilliant player and a brilliant team in general.

"You have to try to anticipate what he's going to do, but it's so difficult because he can do what he wants.

Messi, though, sought to play down his personal contribution.

"What I did isn't so important but the performance of the team as a whole is what counted," said the 22-year-old.

"It wasn't a good start for us but thankfully everything worked out well in the end and I'm just really happy that we won the game."

Champions Barcelona will face Inter Milan in the semi-finals, while Arsenal must turn their attentions to the Premier League, now their only hope of ending a five-year trophy drought.

"We have a lot of time to recover," said Almunia, whose side do not play their next game - against north London rivals Tottenham - until Wednesday 14 April.

"We have to focus on the league and keep going, give everything we have in the next game against Spurs."

Arsenal lie third in the Premier League and are three points behind leaders Chelsea, but they have a lengthy injury list, including Cesc Fabregas, Andrey Arshavin, Alex Song and William Gallas.

"When you go out of the Champions League you see an empty future," stated Wenger.

"You have to deal with the disappointment and make sure we're ready for the next game."

Barca would be shite without him. We were discussing in the pub, surely he must be on his way if not the best player ever? How a team depend on such an individual to grind out results. Messi aside, barca offered very little, but what a joy to watch. He truly is fantastic.

Ibrahimovic has let them down, Messi is having to do far more this season, as last season their front three were all scoring regularly.

While they are depending on Messi, Xavi is still pulling a lot of strings in midfield for them.

Barca are an excellent side, manc. I don't think they played anywhere near their best last night but Xavi and Iniesta are two of the best players in the world as well as Messi being the obvious outstanding player at the moment. 

the guy is exceptionally good, all this talk of "is he the best ever?" etc is bullshit in my opinion. He's only 22, no one can say he's the best ever until his career is a lot older.  God forbid, but he could get injured next week and never play again/never be the same as he was and pricks like Richard Keys and Andy Gray will forget him as quickly as they've only just realised he's a bit of a player.

pricks like Richard Keys and Andy Gray will forget him as quickly as they've only just realised he's a bit of a player.

Gray was a disgrace last night, but why should we be surprised.  He clearly hates it when an EPL team get knocked out.

Aye bobby i probably over exagerated last night due to being pished :) i have seem barca a few times this season and they have impressed me. Last season xavi and iniesta ran the show for me. But personally this season they have been over shadowed by messi. Its hard not to be. Lets hope he stays injury free as he is a joy to watch. Oh and andy gray did my head in last night. Despite the referee being a bit harsh on arsenal he spouted an incredible amount of shit.